10 Great baby shower gifts
I am blogging on behalf of Walmart.com and received compensation for my time, but the views expressed here are solely mine, not Walmart’s. Shop online and save money to live better at http://www.walmart.com.
While my baby days are over (knock on wood), I still love living a little of the pregnancy-excitement vicariously through my friends, and I also love shopping for the perfect baby shower gifts!
In fact, one of my good friends is pregnant with her second child, and I’ve already started making a little collection of my favorite items. Even though I always make it a point to select one item from the baby registry when I’m going to a baby shower, I also like to include the items that worked really well for me with both of my children.
Below are my 10 favorite baby shower gift ideas!
10 Great baby shower gifts
1. Fisher-Price Jumperoo — Sure, baby won’t be able to use a Jumperoo right away, but this is probably my favorite piece of baby-gear. Both of my kids loved their Jumperoo’s and I always recommend these to my expecting friends!
2. Pampers Swaddlers Diapers — I always love taking a box of diapers as a bonus gift to baby showers. Pampers Swaddlers are the softest disposable diapers and make the perfect first-diaper for newborn babies.
3. Child of Mine Sleepers — Child of Mine is the Walmart line of Carter’s apparel for babies. You’ll find great prices on Child of Mine sleepers at a low price. I always buy these when I see sales because they make the perfect shower gifts.
4. MAM Binkies — Both of my babies loved MAM brand pacifiers. It’s always hard to know if a baby will want to use a pacifier and which brand will be the winner, but, I still love picking up a couple of these to add to a baby shower gift basket.
5. Boppy Pillow — It’s no secret that I’m a big fan of the Boppy Nursing Pillow. Whether new moms are breastfeeding or bottle-feeding, a Boppy Pillow is a wonderful accessory.
6. Graco Travel System — If you want to spoil the parents-to-be, pick up this wonderful Graco Travel System. The infant carrier is wonderful, and the strolling with baby is a great way for new parents to get out of the house and get active.
7. Fisher-Price Rainforest Bouncer — I don’t know what it is about this particular bouncer, but it’s magical. My children adored it!
8. Bibs — Because messes happen. Trust me.
9. Storkcraft Glider Rocker — Sleep is such a precious commodity for new parents, and this rocker glider helped me soothe my babies to sleep. This is a wonderful baby shower gift idea!
10. Vtech Safe and Sound Monitor – I love this Vtech Safe and Sound Baby Monitor as a shower gift, particularly for first-time-parents. Obsessive-checking is pretty inevitable, and this monitor provides a lot of peace of mind.
Wow, I’m feeling a little baby fever just talking about all of these great baby shower gift ideas!
When you attend a baby shower, do you stick with the registry, or, do you choose items based on your own experiences? Which items would be on your top 10 list?