5 Easy Green Living Tips *
Making the shift toward green living can seem overwhelming. The key is to make a few simple changes toward a more eco-friendly lifestyle, and then to continue to build upon this foundation as your family becomes more accustomed to the lifestyle switch.
Keep reading for 5 simple green living tips that you can introduce within your household today!
1. Reusable shopping bags: The next time you head to the grocery store, commit to using reusable shopping bags. If you don’t have them, you can usually find them for sale near the shopping baskets when you enter the store. This will save so much waste over plastic bags!
2. Reusable water bottles: Ditch your bottled water addiction, and use reusable water bottles to keep your family refreshed.
3. Cold water wash: Did you know that by using cold water cycles to wash your clothing, you can save up to 80% of the energy you would normally use with hot water washing?
4. Shut it down: By shutting down your computer at night, you can save as much as $90 per year on your electric bill.
5. Thermostat control: Consider purchasing a programmable thermostat that allows you to automatically lower the temperature when no one is at home, or when you are asleep. This can save hundreds per year on energy bills.
These simple changes can make a huge difference, and with the inspiration of Earth Day so fresh in our minds, this is the perfect time to start making positive green lifestyle changes!
Haven’t you heard that orange is the new green? Seventh Generation and Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax have joined forces to inspire families to conserve the earth’s resources with conscious consumption. Created with your family, future generations and the environment in mind, Seventh Generation is the natural choice for high-quality and effective products that preserve the air, surfaces, fabrics, pets and people in your home–as well as the world outside. Make a difference by choosing Seventh Generation products, now offering free shipping for orders over $50. As the Lorax says, “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.”
How do you live like the Lorax? Tell Seventh Generation below and be entered to win a Green Your Home prize pack!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Seventh Generation. The opinions and text are all mine. Official Sweepstakes Rules.