DIY Christmas Photo Ornament
Get crafty this holiday and preserve precious memories with an easy photo ornament craft!
Sponsored by Walgreens.
Once every two months or so, my mom reminds me to print a few new photos of the kids so she can refresh the photo display on her station at work. She does not let me forget!
Because I’m always so busy, her regular reminders are my trigger to hop on my Walgreens.com account, upload some new photos of Evan and Kara, and send them to my local store to be printed. It takes me less than five minutes to complete this process and I’ve always been a huge fan of the print quality at Walgreens.
After picking up some particularly adorable wallet prints at the Walgreens Photo Center today, I decided to get a little crafty and make some easy DIY Christmas photo ornaments.
It’s a really simple project, and the wallet-size photo prints from Walgreen’s are perfect for photo crafts!
As much as I love taking and sharing digital images of my family, there is really something lovely about picking up an envelope of beautiful, glossy images.
Turning one of those pretty prints into a keepsake photo ornament? Well, that’s even better! Keep reading for all the details on making this beautiful and simple photo ornament.
If you’re looking for a fun and easy DIY ornament craft this is the one for you. Check out the instructions below and have a happy holiday!
DIY Christmas Photo Ornament How-to
- Wallet-size photo print from Walgreens. Purchased by sheet of (4) 3”x2” prints.
- Clear plastic fillable ornament ball
- Iridescent glitter
- Wire ribbon
- Ornament hook
1. Remove cap from clear ornament ball and fill with about 2 tablespoons of glitter.
2. Cut out one of the wallet prints from the sheet. Hold it up to your ball to determine if you need to cut a small amount off the top or bottom to make it fit. You should be able to easily eyeball this.
3. Roll your print, photo side out, and slide it into the ball. Use your finger or a pair of tweezers to position the print. It should pop into position pretty easily.
4. Replace cap and add a ribbon and hook to the top of the ornament!