Easy One Pan Shrimp & Rice Dinner
I’d like to thank Knorr for sponsoring this post.
Do you ever look at your calendar and wonder how you’re going to get it all done? Granted, I’m not the queen of planning or organization, but it’s definitely a challenge to find the time to cook dinner some nights.
It’s why I’m totally loving recipes like this easy one pan shrimp and rice dinner that I can make in just about 20 minutes using Knorr Selects White Cheddar Broccoli Rice.
Who knew you could make something that looks this scrumptious (and it tastes even better) in 20 minutes? This easy one pan shrimp and rice dinner is so creamy and flavorful. The Knorr Selects White Cheddar Broccoli Rice is really the magic in this recipe, and by adding some tasty garlic shrimp and chopped peppers, I can create a simple but impressive family dinner.
I’ve been cooking with Knorr Rice Sides for several years, but the new crave-worthy Knorr Selects flavors have really inspired me to get creative in the kitchen again.
I actually love to cook and find my time in the kitchen really relaxing.
I enjoy dreaming up new flavor combinations and recipes for my family to try, but being the mom of young children can make those moments in the kitchen a bit more chaotic.
Now that my kids are a little older, I’ve enjoyed inviting them into the kitchen with me to help cook!
My kids adore rice, so I let them choose a Knorr Selects flavor and we all collaborate to come up with great ways to mix it up by adding our favorite lean protein, veggies and even cheese. My little girl loves shrimp, and she helped me come up with this easy one pan shrimp and rice dinner recipe.
If you have picky eaters at home (I can relate), I suggest letting them become junior chefs in the kitchen. It’s incredible how much interest in food and nutrition can be sparked when you make your kids a part of the cooking process. It’s also a wonderful time to slow down for just a moment and spend some quality time with your kids.
I’m also really loving this product because it’s made with no artificial flavors, no artificial preservatives and it’s gluten free.
New Knorr Selects were created by chefs for families with demanding schedules, like mine! The rice is ready in just 10 minutes and works great as a side dish or as part of a one-pot meal, like my yummy shrimp and rice dinner.
In addition to the flavor I used for this recipe, Knorr Selects are available in a variety of delicious flavors including: Asiago Cheese & Cracked Black Pepper, Four Cheese Risoto, Roasted Garlic Alfredo, Rustic Mexican Rice & Beans, and Spinach & Artichoke.
New Knorr Selects are now available at all major retailers, so be sure to pick up a few the next time you’re grocery shopping. I’d love to hear what you cook-up in your own kitchen! :)
Easy One Pan Shrimp & Rice Dinner
This one-skillet shrimp and rice dish is simple to make, looks great and tastes even better.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 lb. raw shrimp
- 2 medium red, orange or yellow sweet peppers, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 package Knorr Select White Cheddar and Broccoli Rice
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley to garnish, optional
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Season your shrimp with salt and pepper. Add your shrimp and cook until pink on both sides and fully cooked, about 2-3 minutes. Just before taking the shrimp out of the skillet, stir in the minced garlic and toss for just a few seconds. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in same pan and cook your peppers 5 minutes or until soft. Remove from pan and set aside with your shrimp.
- Pour your water, milk and Knorr® Selects™ into the same pan. Bring to a boil, then turn down the heat to medium and continue cooking for 10 minutes.
- Stir in your shrimp and peppers. Garnish with a little fresh parsley and enjoy!