Fudgy Brownies with Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
Some folks like cake, some like cookies, but have you ever met anyone who doesn’t like brownies? I mean, seriously. Look at these incredible fudgy brownies with chocolate cream cheese frosting.
I’ve been picking up lots of cooking and baking magazines while waiting in line at the supermarket this year. While I love Pinterest, there is something nice about thumbing through the pages of a magazine on the search for amazing recipes.
One thing I’ve found is that recipes from Better Homes and Gardens are usually a hit, and these fudgy brownies with chocolate cream cheese frosting are no exception.
This is a basic brownie recipe that produces a thick, moist and chewy brownie. The recipe is really quite simple, but it blows boxed brownie mixes out of the kitchen.
I’m an edge girl when it comes to brownies, and love the slightly firmer texture of the corners. These brownies would be great even without frosting, but this chocolate cream cheese frosting recipe that I also grabbed from the same Better Homes and Gardens issue but these bad boys over the top.
These brownies are like heaven for a chocolate lover. They’re so rich and decadent that one will probably do the trick, but, I won’t tell if you have more than one—promise!
Now, buckle your seat belts because I’m about to bombard you with big, gorgeous photos of these delicious fudgy brownies with cream cheese frosting.
In all honesty, this is now my go-to brownie recipe. It’s the one, hands down.
If you end up trying this brownies recipe be sure to leave me a comment, I’d love to hear how they turned out for you!
Hope you enjoy!
Fudgy brownies with chocolate cream cheese frosting
3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate pieces
6 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1. Using a medium sauce pan, heat butter and unsweetened chocolate while stirring until smooth; set aside to cool. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees; grease an 8x8x2-inch baking pan, or, line with foil and grease. I usually skip the foil step, but, it will make the release easier!
2. Stir sugar into cooled chocolate mixture. Add your eggs one at a time, beating with a wooden spoon just until combined. Stir in vanilla. In a small bowl stir together flour and baking soda. Add four mixture to chocolate mixture; stir just until combined. Spread batter evenly into the pan.
3. Bake for 30 minutes. Cool in pan on wire rack.
1. Using a small saucepan heat and stir 1 cup semisweet chocolate pieces over low heat until nice and smooth. Remove from heat and let chocolate cool.
2. In a medium bowl stir together 6 ounces of softened cream cheese and 1/2 cup powdered sugar. I used a fork to combine the cream cheese and sugar. With a wooden spoon stir in melted chocolate until smooth then frost your cooled brownies.
Recipe from the 2013 Better Homes and Gardens Brownies & Bars issue, which is FULL of amazing goodies!