Homemade lip balm recipes
I am a sucker for soft lips, so I just had to do a lip balm recipes round-up for you. If you love the feeling of moisturized lips, you’re definitely going to want to try some of these easy homemade lip balm recipes — enjoy!
Lip Balm Recipes
1. DIY Lemongrass lip balm — This all-natural and super-moisturizing DIY lip balm recipe will leave your kisser feeling super smooth. It also smells great and lasts all day, this is definitely my go-to homemade lip balm.
2. How Does She offers a fantastic homemade lip balm recipe that also acts as a lip stain! This lip balm recipe only takes two ingredients, and it’s quite possible you already have them in your home. Let me just say that this homemade lip balm recipe is sweet and delicious! Click over to How Does She for the complete tutorial.
3. This Cool Winter Lip Balm recipe from BeautyLish is perfect for anyone who loves the flavor or peppermint. This lip balm recipe uses beeswax and peppermint oil, and I love that they chose to pour the balm into an Altoids tin — so cute.
4. Crunchy Betty offers three simple lip balm recipes, and while all of them look delicious, I particularly love her Minty Chocolate Lip Balm Recipe! I love chocolate-flavored lip balm, and this recipe looks really simple. Be sure to visit Crunchy Betty’s blog for this recipe and more.
5. I mentioned that I LOVE chocolate lip balm recipes, right? Here is another great chocolate lip balm recipe from Soap Queen. Actually, you could omit the chocolate and just make a nice lip balm to soften your lips. Love these slidey tins, too.
6. If you have dry lips and want a truly moisturizing lip balm, try this Honey and Hemp Lip Balm Recipe from Garden Therapy. The ingredients look luscious, including: beeswax, carnauba wax, cocoa butter, shea butter, almond oil, hemp oil, and manuka honey. I’ve had horribly dry lips this winter, so I’m going to be trying this lip balm very soon.
7. I love, love, love lip balm that contains beeswax. This is a simple beeswax lip balm recipe that anyone can make. This recipe from Grit also instructs you how to add other oils to change-up the recipe. Say hello to soft and moisturized lips!
8. My Merry Messy Life (who has an adorable blog) offers a fantastic DIY lip balm recipe for All-Natural Clove and Orange lip balm. This recipe is chemical-free and super-moisturizing. It would also make a great gift! Be sure to visit My Merry Messy Life to learn more about this great lip balm recipe, and be sure to leave the original creator a comment if you love her post!
9. The Little Willow Tree gives us this great DIY lip balm recipe that uses coconut oil, petroleum jelly, beeswax, and… KOOL-AID! Yes, Kool-aid! Sounds pretty yummy, right? Check out the full post for the tutorial.
10. This Homemade Sparkly Stawberry Lip Balm from Torie Jayne looks incredible, and she gives you a step-by-step tutorial showing how to prepare this strawberry lip balm recipe, and also how to package it in a lovely way. This is a really informative post with lots of great photos, be sure to check it out, and leave the blogger a comment!
11. Finally, if you are looking for an easy homemade lip balm recipe, this is the one for you. This recipe from Michelle Phan takes only a few ingredients, and Michelle offers a great quick-tip for adding color to your DIY lip balm. You’re going to love this simple recipe for homemade lip balm!
Trying DIY lip balm? Check out a few of these useful products that you can pick up easily online.
These lip balm slide tins are perfect for storing your homemade lip balm.
If you’re not ready to buy all the ingredients and materials separately, buying a DIY lip balm kit is a great choice. This also makes a fun project to do with your older kids!
More great beauty articles
Leave a Comment
Have something to add? Leave a Comment »