Nook Simple Touch GlowLight Review *
Before I begin my Nook Simple Touch GlowLight review, I want to share a little personal story with you.
There was a time in my life when reading meant everything to me. I even decided in my late teens that I wanted to be a writer, myself, and I even graduated college with a degree in English.
After college, life really started going in fast forward. As I became a mother, and my life revolved around babies, I realized that I had really lost touch with that part of myself that loved to read. I knew it was time to change that when I purchased my first e-reader last year.
That said, the model I chose just wasn’t as comfortable for me as reading traditional books. The screen was more like a computer monitor and I found that I had extreme eye-fatigue after just twenty minutes of bedtime reading.
Nook Simple Touch GlowLight Review
My friend Karen had been raving about her Nook SimpleT ouch for a couple years, so when I had the opportunity to review the new Barnes & Noble Nook SimpleTouch GlowLight from Staples, I couldn’t pass it up.
I admit, I had a little prejudice against the Nook Simple Touch GlowLight before trying it. I mean, it just doesn’t seem to have all the fancy bells and whistles of the tablet-style e-readers.
I want to tell you, however, that I was TOTALLY wrong about this device. The Nook Simple Touch GlowLight is actually the e-reader that I have been looking for, and while I review a lot of products on this blog, let me express that I really, REALLY love this product.
The Nook Simple Touch with GlowLight is available for a reasonable $119 at Staples.com, or in your local Staples store!
Favorite Nook Simple Touch GlowLight Features
- 6″ E-Ink® touchscreen at a resolution 600 x 800 and 16-level Gray Scale
- Most advanced E Ink® display with clear, crisp text – even in bright sun
- Under 7 ounces, this is the lightest NOOK ever
- Over 2.5 million books, magazines and newspapers and if thats not enough, NOOK lets you borrow books in the universally accepted ePub format – so you can borrow and read eBooks from your local library!
- NOOK connects via thousands of Wi-Fi® 802.11b/g/n networks, including FREE access at all Barnes & Noble stores and more than 24,000 AT&T® hotspots
- Connect with friends and share recommendations about the books you love on Facebook and Twitter, or swap books with LendMe® technology
- 2GB holds up to 1000 books
- With 2GB of space and 32GB w/ microSD card expandable memory, your library has virtually no limits
- Get handpicked recommendations on what to read next and personalize your reading experience by adding your own screensaver and bookshelves
- Read for over 1 month on a single charge with GlowLight on and 2 months with it off
Quite simply, the Nook Simple Touch with GlowLight is lightweight, easy on the eyes, and designed with one thing in mind…. READING. Not surfing the web, or playing crossword puzzle apps, it’s designed to give you a pleasurable reading experience, and that’s exactly what it does.
I’ve already read five books in January, which is really incredible for me. In fact, if you’re on Goodreads.com, you should add me as a friend!
Staples provided me with this Nook Simple Touch with GlowLight. The words opinions express in this review are strictly my own.