Pepperoni Pasta Salad
As much as I adore pasta salad for cookouts and carry-ins, I’m also a huge fan of making this amazing pepperoni pasta salad as a flavorful side dish on regular weeknights.
This pepperoni pasta salad is so easy to make, but it’s anything but boring. I mean, just look at all of that delicious color!
Pepperoni Pasta Salad Recipe
I make this pepperoni pasta salad because my whole family loves it, but I also have a selfish reason. I also love this recipe because of the leftovers that I’ll be able to enjoy as quick lunches throughout the week.
Since I work at home, it’s always great to have something yummy in the refrigerator to grab when I have a moment between projects and client calls.
My favorite thing about this tri-color pasta salad recipe is the addition of scrumptious, Sugardale Pepperoni.
It’s absolutely crucial to the flavor and texture of this pasta salad that you use quality pepperoni and Sugardale is the best—period.
Sugardale Pepperoni features the genuine, old-world flavor that makes everything taste better.
No, really. Sugardale Pepperoni absolutely MAKES this pasta salad recipe. It gives the dish an incredible flavor and I have always been a fan of Sugardale’s pepperoni because they are nice and thinly sliced.
Sugardale products are made in the USA, which I love, and Sugardale Foods is a family-owned company.
This probably sounds kind of crazy, but the texture of this brand of pepperoni is just… BETTER. Each pepperoni is like a little miniature slice of meat that you might order from the deli. In other words, yes, the pepperoni you choose for your recipes can really affect your results in a big way!
This pepperoni pasta salad is just as beautiful as it is delicious.
Juicy, plump tomatoes and crispy sweet peppers add bursts of flavor with every bite.
We also make this pepperoni pasta salad with black olives sometimes.
One of the wonderful things about this recipe is that it’s so very versatile. You can add any fresh vegetables that you like!
As I mentioned, I enjoy making this pepperoni pasta salad for my family, but it’s also a fantastic go-to recipe for summertime cookouts. I usually whip it up a few hours before heading out so it has a bit of time to chill in the refrigerator.
You could certainly make it the night before, but with any kind of pasta salad the dressing tends to disappear in the pasta the longer it sits. It’s definitely still good the next day (as I mentioned, I love having leftovers for lunch), but if you’re taking it to an event I recommend making it just a few hours ahead.
I hope you love this super-yummy pepperoni pasta salad as much as my family does!
What’s your favorite pasta salad recipe? Share it with me in the comments for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#Sweeps” and “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from SheKnows via the firstname.lastname@example.org. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 4/19/17- 11/30/17
Be sure to visit the brand page on Sheknowsmedia.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!
Pepperoni Pasta Salad Recipe
This delicious and flavorful pasta salad is a wonderfully colorful side dish!
- 1 12oz. box tricolor rotini
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese (I prefer off the block)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 4 ounces Sugardale Pepperoni (or roughly half an 8 oz. package)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar or honey (important to balance the vinegar, I use sugar)
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the box to al dente. Drain the pasta in a colander and rinse with cool water. Remove as much of the water as possible then transfer to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, grated parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic, basil, oregano, lemon juice, sugar, salt and the pepper.
- Pour the wet mixture onto the pasta and stir with a wooden spoon until all the pasta is coated.
- Gently fold in the yellow pepper, mozzarella cheese, cherry tomatoes and the pepperoni until coated. Refrigerate before serving.