Sausage Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers
While I’m not a huge football fan (shh… don’t tell!), I can’t deny my love of Big Game Sunday and game day appetizers like these easy sausage stuffed mini sweet peppers.
Whether you’re hosting a Big Game party at your home or just enjoying the game with your own crew, this incredible appetizer recipe featuring delicious Hatfield Quality Meats Recipe Essentials Sweet Italian Ground Sausage will be a crowd favorite. Keep reading to find out how to make these simple sausage stuffed mini sweet peppers!
My favorite part about these sausage stuffed mini peppers is how simple they are to make on game day or any time.
You’ll be pre-roasting your mini sweet peppers to soften them a bit, and then it’s really just a matter of combining a few quality ingredients. Speaking of quality, the star ingredient in these stuffed peppers is really the Hatfield Quality Meats Recipe Essentials Sweet Italian Ground Sausage.
I love the flavor of this sausage and it does most of the work towards making this recipe taste amazing.
Every year when the Big Game rolls around I tend to default to a few tried-and-true recipes. You know which ones I’m talking about—the same old, same old—wings and pizza. Instead of getting stuck in a boring game day recipe rut, why try my sausage stuffed mini sweet peppers or one of the outstanding recipes featured on the Hatfield Quality Meats Big Game page?
Hatfield Quality Meats even has an interactive build-your-own game day playbook on the site where you can get simple meal recipes customized to your game-day event.
Let’s face it, no one wants to be busy with complicated dishes on game day. It’s why these sausage stuffed mini sweet peppers are one of my favorite appetizers. It’s also why Hatfield Quality Meats are among my favorite stress-free ingredients.
If you like your Big Game appetizers on the spicy side, you could easily recreate this recipe using jalapeños using the same ingredients and instructions. That actually sounds really scrumptious and I plan to give this variation a whirl the next time I make the recipe at home!
Honestly, if you’ve been scouring the web for some amazingly flavorful sausage and cream cheese stuffed peppers, you’re going to go wild for this recipe. I usually have to make two sheets of them to keep my football fans happy on game day.
They are THAT good!
Be sure to pin this recipe so you don’t forget about it, and remember, you don’t have to be a sports fan to enjoy all of the fun, food and festivity of the Big Game. Just grab a bite of my fabulous sausage stuffed peppers and enjoy the day!
Connect with Hatfield Quality Meats on social media!
What are you making for the Big Game? Each comment on this blog post will automatically be entered to win a $100 Visa Gift Card!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected. The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 1/26/2017 – 2/26/2017.
Be sure to visit the Hatfield Quality Meats Campaign Page on SheKnows where you can read other bloggers’ posts!
Sausage Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers
- 16 ounce bag mini sweet peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb. Hatfield Quality Meats Recipe Essentials Sweet Italian Ground Sausage
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dry parsley
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup shredded 3 cheese blend (parmesan, romano & asiago, or, just use parmesan) cheese, extra for topping
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Wash your sweet peppers and cut each one in half lengthwise, leaving stems intact. Be sure to lay each pepper down to see which way to cut, ensuring they will lay flat on your baking sheet. Remove seeds and membranes. Spread 1 tablespoon of olive oil onto a large baking sheet. Place peppers on the sheet and toss to coat in olive oil. Turn all peppers cut sides up, salt lightly and bake for 6 to 8 minutes to soften.
- Crumble and thoroughly cook the Hatfield Sweet Italian Ground Sausage. Drain grease and set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl mix together the room temperature cream cheese, garlic powder, parsley, salt, pepper and the shredded cheese. Stir sausage into the mixture and combine well.
- Spoon the sausage and cheese mixture into the pepper halves. Sprinkle with extra cheese to your taste and bake your sausage stuffed sweet peppers for 5 to 7 more minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve and enjoy while warm!