Amazing stuffed peppers recipe
Last week, I was on the hunt for the perfect stuffed peppers recipe.
My main problem with most stuffed peppers recipes that I came across is that the peppers were usually swimming in red sauce, which is not really my cup of tea.
If you love beef, sausage, rice and cheese, you’ll love my amazing stuffed peppers recipe. Don’t believe me? Keep reading!
My amazing stuffed peppers recipes includes all of my personal favorite ingredients. In an effort to figure out whether I wanted to include ground beef or sausage, I finally decided… why not both?
Using both ground beef and sweet Italian sausage gave these peppers the best flavor.
Again, I didn’t want to drown my peppers in tomato sauce, but I did want some tomatoes in the recipe so I used a can of Mild Rotel. You could use original if you like a little extra heat.
This stuffed peppers recipe was a huge hit with everyone in my family, and they even tasted delicious re-heated the day after!
I hope you love this stuffed peppers recipe as much as my family did — enjoy!
Yield: 6 peppers
Amazing stuffed peppers
Savory beef and sausage stuffed peppers, topped with delicious melted cheddar cheese.
1/2 lb ground sausage (I used sweet Italian)
1/2 lb ground beef
6 Large peppers (I used red, yellow and orange but green is fine too)
1 Clove garlic
1 Onion, chopped
1 Cup cooked rice
1 Can mild Rotel
2 Cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1/2 Tsp salt
1/2 Tsp pepper
1. In a large skillet, brown sausage, beef, garlic, and onion in oil.
2. Add the chopped parsley and cooked rice.
3. Stir in Ro-tel and 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese (it will melt, it doesn't matter).
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Cut off the tops of peppers, and trim the bottom so they sit flat in your dish.
6. Chop scrap pepper tops and add to filling (optional, but I did it).
7. Place peppers in baking dish and stuff until full.
8. Drizzle peppers with olive oil.
9. Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes.
10. Remove from oven and take off the foil. Use remaining shredded cheese to top peppers, bake uncovered another 15 minutes.