When you become a parent, there really are certain inevitabilities that come with the job.
Of course, those inevitabilities include intense joy and laughter, but, there are a few messy moments as well.
Keep reading to find out what the 5 inevitabilities of parenthood include, and you can also enter to win some great products from Baby Magic.
1. Your kid will poop in the bathtub — I really thought that I had avoided this one. In fact, I bragged that Evan never once pooped in the tub as a baby. No, he waited until he was an orner toddler. He thought bubbles in the tub were hilarious, and even though I warned him that he was about one fart away from an accident, he didn’t listen. Do they ever? Trust me, it’s actually WORSE dealing with poop in the tub when your kid is old enough to KNOW how disgusting it is. When he realized what was happening, he screamed in absolute revulsion, “MOM, GET ME OUT OF HERE, UGHHHH!”
2. Your kid will barf in the car — Doesn’t it seem like those viruses come out of nowhere? Inevitably, sickness is going to rear its ugly head while you’re in the car. You’ll be pulling over to do a quick-fix with baby wipes, then praying they don’t have round 2 before you reach your destination.
3. Your kid will barf on YOU — Face it. Actually, you probably won’t have a choice, it often does end up in your face.
4. Your kid will throw a tantrum in public — Remember seeing that bratty little kid throwing an epic tantrum in a restaurant before you had kids? You told yourself that would never be YOUR KID, because behavior like that is clearly a sign of poor parenting. Dude, it’s happening, and it’s happening to you.
5. Your kid will draw on your walls — Even if you watch your little one like a hawk, they are going to squirrel away a crayon nub and make their mark on your walls. Evan once had a little piece of crayon in his hand when I put him down for a nap, and of course, I didn’t realize it. When I went in to check on him, I saw his enormous brown-crayon masterpiece on our wall. I’ll admit, I laughed and took a picture of it.
Magical Madness Mom
I’m thrilled to be posting in the coming weeks about Baby Magic products as an official Magical Madness Mom.
Even more inevitabilities
Other things that you can expect with every baby are issues like diaper rash and dry skin. In Kara’s case, we even dealt with eczema during her first 6 months.
Baby Magic’s treatment line includes several gentle products for softening and protecting baby’s skin.
Baby Magic Dry Skin Therapy Moisturizing Cream is formulated with certified organic Shea butter and almond oil to nourish your baby’s delicate skin.
Baby Magic Soothing Petroleum Jelly was developed to help protect the skin. Dermatologist
tested, Baby Magic Soothing Jelly helps relieve chafing, and helps sooth minor cuts and burns.
Baby Magic Diaper Rx is made with 40 percent Zinc Oxide, the maximum level without a prescription, to help seal out wetness and keep your baby’s bottom rash-free.
Baby Magic Healing Balm is enriched with certified organic Shea butter and oatmeal to keep baby’s skin soft by deeply moisturizing to soothe irritated skin and provide superior protection. I used this product after baths on Kara’s eczema.
Enter to win
Dear Moms: can you think of any more inevitabilities of parenthood? Share your thoughts by leaving a comment below to be entered to win the Baby Magic products mentioned above. Get one extra entry for leaving a thoughtful comment on any other posts in our parenting category. You may do this up to 10 times, leaving a separate comment for each extra entry on this post. Open to USA, ends Jan 5, 2013 at 11:59 p.m.
I am a compensated Baby Magic, Magical Madness Moms ambassador. Opinions are as always, genuine, and my own.