I’d like to thank New Chapter Vitamins for sponsoring this post.
As a business owner and busy mother of two, it isn’t always easy to slow down when summertime rolls around. In fact, my routine seems to be even more chaotic when the school year ends, which makes it quite difficult to focus on personal wellness.
While I usually laugh when people throw around the word balance (who’s really figured out balance?), I have found that when I don’t take time for myself, all areas of my life begin to suffer. It’s so easy for women to spend all of their time caring for others that they forget to care for themselves. It’s why I work so hard to find ways to treat myself. I deserve it, and so do you!
Keep reading to learn my 5 summer wellness essentials for every woman.
1. Take Your Vitamins — It’s a phrase that you may be used to telling your kids, but taking a great multivitamin is so important for women. I set an alarm on my phone to tell me when to take my New Chapter Every Woman’s One Daily Multivitamin each day. I’m a pretty forgetful person, so the reminders really keep me on track.
I’m loving Every Woman’s Once Daily Multivitamin because they it’s non-GMO and made with organic vegetables and herbs. Once again, whole-foods win.
This vitamin is an excellent fit for my lifestyle because it was formulated specifically for the needs of active women with nutrients for energy, immune and bone support* In the past, I’ve had problems with multivitamins giving me tummy issues, New Chapter multis are fermented with beneficial probiotics and whole foods, and are gentle enough to take anytime, even on an empty stomach. Yes, really!
Some of my favorite ingredients in this vitamin include vitamins C & A and some wonderful organic herbs including ginger and turmeric. I love knowing that I’m giving my body that extra boost of quality vitamins, minerals and herbs every single day. I buy mine on Amazon.
2. Hydrate — It seems so basic, doesn’t it? While we all know that drinking water is beneficial for our bodies, it can still be so easy to fail in this area. It is recommended that you drink half of your body weight in ounces every day, and I start that process by drinking about 20 ounces of water when I first wake up in the morning.
Sometimes I have cold water, and other times I drink warm water with lemon which can be a great kickstart for your body in the mornings.
Remember, our bodies need water to function properly, to help flush out toxins and even to keep our skin glowing. Don’t neglect your water this summer!
3. Focus on Nutrition — I mentioned my love of whole foods above, and I want to stress that point again. What we feed our bodies is so important, and I’ve found that the more whole, plant-based foods that I eat the better I look and feel. It’s a step you can take today to improve your overall wellness and health. Eating a rainbow of fresh fruits and vegetables will help you feel amazing and nourished from within.
4. Explore The Outer World — One of the best ways I’ve found to help alleviate stress and to contribute to my personal wellness is to get outside and experience nature. It’s a great way to exercise, but more than that, I’ve found that being outdoors is a wonderful way feel more centered and calm. As someone who has struggled with prehypertension, I seek forms of exercise that will also help elevate my mood and give me a sense of peace. I love taking hikes, walking on the beach or even strolling local parks.
Taking a moment to literally stop and smell the flowers can make you feel amazing from head to toe, and the benefits are long lasting.
5. Explore Your Inner World— When was the last time you read a book? How about painted, crocheted or even checked out an amazing film?
As women, it can be easy to become so wrapped up in work and raising children that we neglect our interests and hobbies. When we take that time to settle and indulge in our passions, we’re really investing in our personal wellness.
What steps do you take every day to feel your best?