I love fall—it’s undoubtedly my favorite season! Whenever I start to feel that seasonal shift, I find myself craving warm, hearty family meals like this easy apple butter glazed ham recipe made with Sugardale Prestige Bone-In Ham Roast. This ham is so juicy and flavorful on its own, but my simple apple butter glaze just sends it over the top.
Apple Butter Glazed Ham Recipe
That scrumptious ham with delicious veggies looks like it belongs on your Sunday dinner table, right? Well, this dish makes a great holiday or Sunday dinner, but it’s actually easy enough to whip up on regular weeknights too, thanks to the fact that the Sugardale ham roast comes fully cooked. You’ll just need to warm it in the oven and put together a very simple glaze to bring it all together. I served ours with steamed broccoli and roasted red potatoes, but you can use any side dishes you like to make this a complete family meal.
I like this ham because it’s center-cut, meaning it comes from the best part of the ham. It’s almost all useable meat with little to no waste. It’s so nice when you can cook a really special family meal with very little preparation, and then have plenty of ham remaining for delicious leftovers throughout the week. Compared to a beef roast, this product from Sugardale is so incredibly affordable! My husband gets a lot of miles out of one of these ham roasts, as he loves having the leftover meat on a bun as a work lunch.
Honestly, I used to reserve ham roasts for special occasions, like holidays or when I was hosting a large gathering. This ham roast from Sugardale is just the right size to make any night of the week, and trust me, it’s such a delicious, simple, and satisfying family dinner choice!
Another great thing about this ham roast is how perfect it comes out every time. You certainly don’t need to create a glaze to enjoy a flavorful, moist and juicy ham. My kids love having this ham for dinner because the flavor and texture is so incredible. This ham was naturally smoked over real hickory wood chips! I hope you and your family love this yummy apple butter glazed ham recipe as much as we do!
What’s your favorite fall family dinner? Let me know in the comment section for a chance to win your very own Bamboo Wood Cutting Board – perfect for slicing and serving ham! The winner will also receive a coupon for a free Sugardale Prestige Bone-In Ham Roast.
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#sweepstakesentry”; and leave the url to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the url to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to us residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from SheKnows via email@example.com. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The official rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 10/1/17-11/30/17
Be sure to visit the Sugardale Foods brand page where you can read other bloggers’ posts!
- 1 Sugardale Prestige Center Cut Bone-In Ham Roast
- 1 cup apple butter
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Place ham roast in cooking bag and close. Place bagged ham roast in a shallow baking dish. Cut slits in the top of the bag to vent and warm the ham for 30-40 minutes in the preheated oven.
- While the ham roast is warming, add the apple butter, orange juice and Worcestershire sauce to a small saucepan. Heat until the sauce begins to boil, then reduce heat and stir continuously for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove ham from oven and cut open the top of the bag. Pull back the sides of the bag and pour the glaze over the ham. Bake ham for an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove ham to a cutting board and slice it for serving. Serve with steamed broccoli and roasted new potatoes, or the vegges of your choice!