Bacon-Wrapped Brussels Sprouts with Maple Dijon Glaze
Our Bacon Wrapped Brussels Sprouts recipe is sponsored by Hatfield and SheKnows Media.
Bacon-Wrapped Brussels Sprouts with Maple Dijon Glaze Recipe
When it comes to appetizers, my little boy really said it best when he was just five years old. There is so much wisdom in this statement!
Are there appetizers? Because I like eating before I eat.
I have to agree with young Evan on this one. Appetizers are THE BEST, and I have a new favorite party passer thanks to this delicious bacon wrapped Brussels sprouts with maple Dijon glaze! These were made with Hatfield Maple Brown Sugar Extra Thick Cut Triple Smoked Bacon, and wow, are they ever tasty!
I’ve actually been making bacon-wrapped bites for our annual Christmas gathering for years, but, this is the first time I’ve ever done Brussels sprouts! I’m so happy with the way these bacon wrapped Brussels sprouts came out.
Because we’re all about bacon in my family, I am always sure to choose a flavorful, premium bacon for my holiday appetizers. When you’re wrapping something with bacon, you need a bacon that is nice and thick to do the job.
Hatfield Maple Brown Sugar Extra Thick Cut Triple Smoked Bacon is perfect for creating holiday appetizers thanks to the thickness of each slice and also the incredible flavor!
Truly, this is going to be your new favorite bacon. We’ve been buying this for about a year now.
Of course, you can’t have a bacon wrapped appetizer without a tasty glaze!
This glaze is made from maple syrup, brown sugar and Dijon mustard. It’s a wonderfully sweet glaze with just a touch of tang thanks to the mustard. It pairs really well with the thick cut bacon and tender Brussels sprouts.
While big holiday meals are nice, my favorite part of gathering with friends and family are those casual moments when everyone is laughing and moving and just enjoying the space. Having delicious foods that can be grabbed while moving from room to room is key in my book and these tasty bacon wrapped Brussels sprouts are perfect for that!
Enter to win a $100 Visa Gift Card!
What are your favorite holiday appetizers? Let me know if the comments for a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card!
No duplicate comments. You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from SheKnows via firstname.lastname@example.org email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected. The Official Rules are available here. This sweepstakes runs from 11/20/17-12/31/17.
- 10 slices Hatfield Maple Brown Sugar Extra Thick Cut Bacon
- 30 brussels sprouts, cleaned and stems trimmed
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 375ºF and line a baking sheet with foil. Place a cooling rack inside baking sheet.
- Wash Brussels sprouts, cut off stems and pat dry with a paper towel. Cut large Brussels sprouts in half.
- Cut bacon into thirds to roll up Brussels sprouts. Wrap each Brussels sprout with bacon placing the seam side down on the pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes depending on how crispy you like your bacon. If desired turn the pieces the last 10 minutes of baking.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine brown sugar, maple syrup, and mustard. Whisk until it just begins to boil and is well combined, about 2-3 minutes.
- To serve, insert a toothpick into each Brussels sprout and brush with glaze. Serve immediately!