Mmmm… banana cream pie. It’s one of those classic desserts that everyone in my family simply adores. Whether I’m whipping it up for my crew, or need a quick dessert to take to an event, this easy triple layer banana cream pie recipe is always a hit.
I like that I can build this recipe right in a 13×9 baking dish. It’s easy to pop in the fridge when I’m done, and it’s also great for transporting. Who says pie needs to be round?
RELATED: Check out our scrumptious pineapple dream pie recipe!
You’re going to love the delicious, crispy crust featuring pecans and vanilla wafers. It’s the perfect texture paired with the cool, creamy layers of the banana cream pie. I’m pretty much always a fan of desserts that include COOL WHIP. What can I say, I’m just a fan!
The addition of a layer of fresh bananas in this banana cream pie recipe makes it really delicious. Bananas are one fruit my kids love eating, and they always love it when I make this recipe.
If you want to add a little crunch to the top of your triple layer banana cream pie, crush a few extra vanilla wafers and sprinkle them on top.
I’m loving this pie as a spring or Easter dessert, but it’s really great throughout the year.
Grab the recipe below, and enjoy!
- 60 Vanilla wafers, finely crushed (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1/2 Cup chopped PLANTERS Pecans
- 1/3 Cup butter or margarine, melted
- 3 Bananas, sliced 2 pkg. (3.4 oz. each) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
- 3 Cups cold milk
- 2-1/2 Cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, divided
- Heat oven to 325ºF.
- Mix wafer crumbs, nuts and butter in 13x9-inch baking dish; press onto bottom of dish. Bake 8 min. Cool 10 min.
- Top with bananas. Beat pudding mixes and milk with whisk 2 min.; spread 2 cups pudding over bananas.
- Stir 1 cup COOL WHIP into remaining pudding; spread over pie. Top with remaining COOL WHIP. Refrigerate 3 hours.