This moist and delicious berry muffins recipe is incredibly easy to make. You can use the fresh or frozen berries of your choice to make these moist and delicious mixed berry muffins!
I’d like to thank Daisy Sour Cream for sponsoring this post. Opinions are my own.
I love New Year’s Day because it’s really our family’s last hurrah before heading back to school and work following the holidays. I also love it because, for my crew, it’s typically a quiet celebration spent at home.
Berry Muffins Recipe
Even though our New Year’s Day festivities are subdued, we still make them special. Quality time in the kitchen with my daughter baking these delish Very Berry Muffins made with Daisy Sour Cream is the perfect way to wrap-up the holiday season.
Whether I need just a dollop of Daisy or the full cup required to make these yummy berry muffins, Daisy Sour Cream makes it so simple!
I’ve been joking with my family and friends that my 4-year-old, Kara, needs to start her own baking blog. She really adores helping me in the kitchen and I treasure the memories we’re making in the process!
While it’s certainly fun for the whole family to get involved with preparing meals, it’s also a great opportunity to teach our kids the importance of cooking at home.
These easy berry muffins are really easy to make, and as I said, they make a wonderful holiday brunch. The secret to the moistness in these muffins is the sour cream!
Over the years, I’ve found that I almost always love any baked recipe that calls for sour cream!
While my Very Berry Muffins are definitely sweet, they aren’t too sweet, which is a really nice change following a week of Christmas-treat decadence.
Store your leftover muffins in an airtight container—they make a great grab and go breakfast as you head back to school and work!
While I’m a little sad to see the holiday season wind down, I’m so grateful for the time that I’ve had with my family.
I’m also super excited to embark on a new year full of new adventures!
I hope you’ll give my Very Berry Muffins a try. Don’t forget to pin this recipe now so you don’t forget it, later!
More Delicious Recipes
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Blueberry Zucchini Bread
- Orange Cranberry Bread
- Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Bread
- Cinnamon Bread
Very Berry Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries and blueberries
- zest of 1 orange
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line 12 regular size muffin cups with papers.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add the berries, the orange zest and toss gently. In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, sour cream, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients but do not overmix.
- Fill muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool your very berry muffins for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.