6 Breastfeeding must-haves
I am blogging on behalf of Walmart.com, but the views expressed here are solely mine, not Walmart’s. Shop online and save money to live better at http://www.walmart.com.
When I think about the first month of my daughter’s life, I think of feeding her, feeding her, and feeding her some more. For me, getting the knack of breastfeeding took patience, practice, and a few great products that helped make the process easier.
And let’s face it, anything that can make the process of feeding a beautiful, but voracious, little human around the clock is more than welcome, and the six products below that I purchased at Walmart.com played a big role in my breastfeeding success.
6 Breastfeeding must-haves
1. Philips AVENT Thermal Gel Pads — Breastfeeding is a wonderful, natural, and gratifying experience, but it can also be brutal—physically. I love these gel pads from Philips AVENT that provide both warming and cooling therapy. The warming therapy can be used to stimulate milk production and the cooling gel pads can be used to soothe sore breasts. Trust me, these are wonderful.
2. Medela Washable Bra Pads — After trying disposable bra pads for some time, I found that these washable pads from Medela are a better option. They are soft, highly absorbent, and provide a more flattering silhouette under clothing.
3. Medela Swing Breast Pump — Whether you go to work or are a stay-at-home mom, a quality breast pump is nice to have on hand. The Medela Swing Breast Pump is powerful and easy to use. I really can’t recommend this particular breast pump highly enough.
4. Medela Nipple Shield — The Medela Nipple Shield is a big help for babies with latch-on difficulties. It provides a larger, firmer target for latching. It’s also great in aiding breasts with flat, inverted, or sore nipples, as well as breasts with overactive let-downs during breastfeeding.
5. Lansinoh Lanolin Cream — A tube of Lansinoh Lanolin Cream is an absolute staple for any breastfeeding mom, particularly those who are breastfeeding for the first time. This cream protects and promotes healing.
6. Boppy Nursing Pillow — I have sang the praises of the Boppy Nursing Pillow on this blog many times. The Boppy is simply an essential when it comes to infant feeding, and you’ll continue to use this wonderful product as your baby grows and matures. The Boppy is my go-to baby shower gift for friends and family and I love that I can find so many colors and styles on Walmart.com.
I have such fond memories of breastfeeding my daughter. In fact, I feel a little nostalgic just thinking back on those precious months!
I wouldn’t trade that experience for anything, and I’m so glad that Walmart.com made shopping for the most helpful breastfeeding products so easy.
Which product would top your list of breastfeeding must-haves?