One day last week, while visiting my parents’ home with the kids, a serious sugar-craving came over me. Of course, I didn’t meet much resistance from my parents or the kids, so, I started raiding the cabinets for ingredients.
I found everything I needed to make these quick and easy brown sugar brownie bars!
Brown Sugar Brownie Bars
I will tell you, these brown sugar brownie bars are not tooth-achingly sweet, and that’s sort of what I loved about them.
The flavor of the brownie (which is really sort of the consistency of a soft cookie), is sweet but not overpowering. The addition of the chocolate chips really up the sweet-factor just the right amount.
I found the original recipe, for brown sugar brownies, on AllRecipes.com.
Some of the reviews suggested using melted butter since the batter tends to be very thick. I utilized this tip, and found that the batter spread into the pan pretty easily.
Overall, these brown sugar brownie bars hit the spot. They tasted especially delicious warm! I actually only sprinkled chocolate chips on the top of the bars, because I had just a small amount on hand, but, I would suggest mixing a full cup into the batter.
Oh, and if you love cookie bars, you’ll want to check out this amazing recipe for cake mix cookie bars while you’re at it, too!
Brown sugar brownie bars
- 1 1/3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9 x 9 inch pan.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside. In large bowl, beat together melted butter, sugar, egg and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add flour mixture gradually, then stir in chocolate chips. Spread evenly in prepared pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until surface springs back when gently pressed. Cool slightly. While still warm, cut into bars with a sharp knife.
Slightly adapted from AllRecipes.com.All images and text © . If you would like to share this recipe on a website or social profile, please be sure to properly attribute by linking back to this page. If you share the recipe on your blog, please rewrite it in your own words, and again, include a link back. Thanks so much! :)