I’d like to thank Crisco for sponsoring my cake batter birthday waffles recipe.
I’m calling these beauties cake batter birthday waffles, but take out the candle and these easy and festive waffles featuring sprinkles and fresh summer strawberries make a delicious dessert any day!
Cake Batter Birthday Waffles
I used a Pillsbury Purely Simple White Cake Mix as the base for these fabulous waffles. I’ve been loving the Purely Simple line for several months, because they contain no artificial colors, preservatives or flavors. They’re truly simple and delicious products that contain ingredients you would find in your pantry.
After you whisk the batter following the instructions below, you can use a variety of ingredients as mix-ins. I chose rainbow sprinkles, but you could add fresh fruit, chocolate chips or nuts.
If you’ve never used a cake mix in your waffle iron let me tell you, it makes a really sweet, tender and fluffy waffle. My kids go crazy for this dessert and it really does make a special birthday treat. Spray a little Crisco Canola Oil in the waffle iron so the waffles don’t stick.
During the summer, I love topping these cake batter waffles with fresh fruit. Nothing says summer like ripe, red and juicy strawberries.
These cake batter waffles actually taste perfect on their own, but you can dress them up with some whipped cream and extra sprinkles. Add a candle on top if you’re serving these as a birthday dessert. This is a great way to give your child a special surprise on the morning of their birthday.
Check out my video to watch the waffle-making process and then print the complete ingredients list and directions at the bottom of the post to get all the details.
Trust me when I say that you’re going to love these wonderful little cake batter waffles. You may even start a birthday tradition that your kids can enjoy for years to come.
- Crisco® Canola Oil No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Purely Simple White Cake Mix
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup water 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles, plus additional for garnish
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- Whipped cream
- Coat waffle iron with no-stick cooking spray. Heat according to manufacturer's directions on medium heat.
- Whisk cake mix, oil, water and eggs in large bowl until smooth. Stir in sprinkles. Pour 2/3 cup batter onto waffle iron. Bake 2 to 3 minutes or until done. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Top each waffle with strawberries, whipped cream and sprinkles as desired. Serve immediately.
Have extra waffles? Put them in a freezer bag and freeze. Pop in the toaster for an easy breakfast for the kids!