These really should have been called peanut butter and chocolate chunk oatmeal cookies, but whew, that would make a really long recipe title—right?
It’s no secret that I am a big fan of peanut butter cookies, and part of what I love most about cookie recipes using peanut butter is the fact that I always have a jar of it in my kitchen.
Always. In fact, I may or may not sneak spoonfuls of peanut butter as a late night snack. I picked up this little habit from my mom who still dips into the peanut butter jar almost every evening.
These cookies are made up of my favorite ingredients. I mean, you just can’t go wrong with peanut butter, oatmeal and loads of chocolate chunks. Just look at the delicious results.
I really love the flavor and texture that oats add to sweet treats. In fact, a simple batch of peanut butter no-bake cookies are one of my favorite treats of all time, especially this recipe that my mom always makes.
I think it’s the chewiness that I love so much about oatmeal cookies. There isn’t anything fussy about an oatmeal cookie and there isn’t anything fussy (or fancy) about me. In fact, I may even be borderline boring and I’m 100% okay with that, haha!
Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookies
While oats on their own are quite simple, these cookies definitely aren’t boring thanks to the yummy peanut butter flavor and those chocolate chunks.
Oh my, the chocolate chunks! These chocolate chunk oatmeal cookies are incredible while they’re still warm and gooey. Pop them in the microwave for just a few seconds and you can re-create that warm and gooey magic a day or two later.
For the holidays this year I’m thinking about replacing the chocolate chunks with red and green M&M’s to make them more festive. Actually, I might just add some red and green M&M’s in addition to the chocolate chunks.
Have I mentioned that I’m kind of obsessed with chocolate, too?
I really adore easy cookie recipes like this one, especially during the holidays when everything is rush, rush, rush. I’ll make this chocolate chunk oatmeal cookies recipe again and again because I like to stick with what works and with what tastes amazing.
Just look at these beauties and tell me you’re not tempted to hop in the kitchen and make a batch right now! Be sure to grab the recipe below, and pin this post so you don’t forget to make it!
Oh, and for all the peanut butter lovers out there (put your hands up!), you might want to check out Averie Sunshine’s book called Peanut Butter Comfort. As you may have guessed, it’s LOADED with incredible peanut butter recipes. Yum, yum, yum.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chunks
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a very large bowl beat peanut butter and butter with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar and baking soda. Beat until combined, scraping bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs one at a time, until combined. Beat in vanilla. Beat in flour with mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in oats and chocolate chunks. 2. Drop by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are light brown. Cool on cookie sheets for 3 minutes. Transfer to wire racks.