Whenever a holiday rolls around I turn to this easy crock pot brown sugar pineapple ham recipe. It’s one of those simple set-it and-forget-it slow cooker recipes that delivers the sweetest and most juicy ham you’ll ever eat!
Seriously, this simple crock pot brown sugar pineapple ham is a true no-brainer recipe and even my picky kiddos really love having it on their plates.
Crock Pot Brown Sugar Pineapple Ham Recipe
With Easter right around, the corner I felt like it was a great time to share this recipe with all of you. Even though I love making ham as part of our Easter dinner, this slow cooker ham is wonderful for any holiday or even as a regular Sunday dinner.
I always make this crock pot brown sugar pineapple ham when our extended family visit from out of town because it’s delicious and zero-fuss.
There are quite a few different versions of this crock pot brown sugar pineapple ham circulating on Pinterest, but this crock pot recipe has been a favorite of mine for a long time. I love the sweet flavor that the brown sugar, pineapple and maple syrup gives the spiral cut ham.
If you don’t have any maple syrup on hand you can certainly leave that out.
The inclusion of the pineapple tidbits in this yummy family recipe is really important, though. I love the flavor that it adds to the ham and everyone loves having a few of those remnant pineapple chunks on their plate to enjoy along with each bite of ham.
I used a 6lb. bone-in spiral sliced ham for this crock pot brown sugar pineapple hame recipe, but you can certainly use any ham that you prefer. Whether it’s spiral sliced or not, bone-in or bone-out—it’s up to you! The important part is that yummy sauce created from the pineapple, brown sugar and maple syrup. It’s just SO yummy.
If you love crock pot recipes, don’t miss my easy crock pot pork chops!
More Delicious Crock Pot Recipes
- Crock Pot Meatballs
- Crock Pot Little Smokies
- Crock Pot Cheesy Potato Soup
- Crock Pot Navy Bean Soup with Ham
- Instant Pot Pot Roast
- 1 bone-in spiral cut ham, fully cooked (mine was 6 lbs. - note, ANY ham will work!)
- 3 cups brown sugar, divided
- ½ cup maple syrup
- (1) 20-oz. can pineapple tidbits, undrained
- Evenly spread 1 ½ cups of the brown sugar into the bottom of a 6 quart or larger slow cooker.
- Place the ham on top of the brown sugar. Slightly pull apart the slices of of the ham.
- Slowly pour the maple syrup evenly over the top allowing it to drizzle between the slices.
- Pour in the can of pineapples making sure to get some on the top and between the slices.
- Evenly distribute the remaining brown sugar on top. Cover and cook on high for 3 ½ to 4 hours or on low for 6 to 7 hours.