Banana Cupcakes Inspired By Curious George
I’m so excited to be partnering with Hulu this week to bring you these delicious Curious George inspired banana cupcakes, PLUS bonus free printable Curious George cupcake toppers!
That’s right, your favorite monkey is swinging into your home. Watch all 9 seasons of Curious George, now streaming only on Hulu!
Curious George Inspired Banana Cupcakes Recipe
As the mother of two young children, I’ve definitely grown to love Curious George. I adore the sweet, light-hearted storylines, and who doesn’t enjoy a little mischief? At the end of the day, George always learns a great lesson and so do my kids.
Evan and Kara are really excited about all 9 seasons of Curious George now being available to them on Hulu.
Curious George is an animated series based on the popular books by Margret and H.A. Rey. Curious George is aimed at preschool viewers (ages three to five), and the goal of the series is to inspire children to explore science, engineering, and math in the world around them. What better guide is there for this kind of exploration than the world’s most curious monkey?
To celebrate, we whipped up these bananalicious cupcakes inspired by the show.
Just like George, my kids love bananas. In fact, our household goes through at least a dozen bananas each and every week. I have a hard time keeping them in the house! This easy banana cupcake recipe utilizes some of those super-ripe bananas that you may have on hand.
The sweet and fluffy cream cheese frosting really makes these banana cupcakes special. Your kids can get in on the fun by helping you decorate the top of the cupcakes with cute banana candies.
If you’re throwing a Curious George birthday party, these cupcakes will be a huge hit, but they also make a fun treat anytime.
I’ve also included some free printable Curious George cupcake toppers that you can download below. Just download an then print the Curious George cupcake toppers using regular printer paper or photo paper. Cut them out, and glue two together over a toothpick to create a fun and festive decoration for your banana cupcakes.
The Curious George cupcake toppers below feature George doing some of his favorite things. How cute are they?
Curious George Free Printable Cupcake Toppers
Curious George on Hulu + Free 1 Month Trial
Hulu is THE streaming destination for the best of TV, and a great selection of films! Plus, you can stream almost anywhere, on any device, including gaming consoles, set-top boxes, tablets, mobile phones, and more. Visit Hulu.com to start a free 1-month trial, for a limited time only.
I hope you love these Curious George inspired banana cupcakes as much as my little fans did. Be sure to check out Curious George on Hulu!
Banana Cupcakes Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4oz. cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- about 1/2 cup banana candies (like Runts, or order banana candy online)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease 14 muffin cups or line with papers.
- In a medium bowl mix together the flour and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using and electric mixer, lightly beat bananas and granulated sugar until smooth. Add eggs one at a time until blended then add the applesauce and vanilla and beat on medium speed for 2 more minutes. Then add the flour and baking soda a little at a time mixing until blended together.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin cups ( I filled mine about 3/4 full) and bake 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting.
- Using an electric mixer beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until well blended. Add the powdered sugar a little at a time a beat until smooth and creamy.
- Top with banana candies and optional Curious George cupcake toppers (download above)