I feel so bad about the money I’ve sunk into fancy lip scrubs in the past after finding out how easy it is to make my own DIY exfoliating lip scrub at home. This easy lip scrub with coconut oil will buff away the dead skin on your lips leaving your kisser looking and feeling totally soft and smooth.
Plus, this DIY exfoliating lip scrub can be made with just a few simple ingredients!
DIY Exfoliating Lip Scrub
Every winter it’s the same thing, I struggle with dry, cracked lips and it seems almost impossible to get on top of the problem once it starts.
After discovering that lip scrubs can do wonders to help with dry lips I was on a mission to make my own. It’s so simple to make your own DIY exfoliating lip scrub with coconut oil, turbinado sugar and regular white sugar.
Not only do I love the way this DIY exfoliating lip scrub makes my lips feel when the process is done, I just think it feels great to massage the product into my lips. It’s actually really relaxing and one of my favorite parts of my beauty routine.
I’ve found that coconut oil is really fantastic for helping keep my lips moisturized throughout the winter and I love that this lip scrub leaves some of it on my lips.
One of my beauty pet peeves is applying lipstick to dry lips during the winter. Having a coat of lipstick on dry, rough lips just looks and feels awful. I love doing this lip scrub in the morning before putting on my makeup because it transforms my lips into a nice smooth palette for my lip gloss or lipstick to glide into.
I hope you enjoy this easy DIY lip scrub recipe!
DIY Exfoliating Lip Scrub
Scrub your way to soft, moisturized lips with this easy DIY exfoliating lip scrub recipe!
- 1.5 tablespoons coconut oil, soft
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoons turbinado sugar (if you don’t have this you can use more white sugar or brown sugar)
- If needed, soften the coconut oil a little bit in the microwave in a heat safe dish, then add in the white sugar. Mix well and then add in the coarse, turbinado sugar. Depending on how thick you would like it to be, you could always add a little more of one or both of the sugars together for a firmer scrub. If you don’t have a coarse sugar on hand, you can certainly just use white sugar or even brown sugar.
- To use, simply apply to your lips and gently rub in a circular motion to exfoliate the top layer and soften your lips. Follow with a moisturizing lip balm like our DIY lemongrass lip balm.
- This will store well for months in a sealed container in the refrigerator. When you’re ready to use it again just spoon a little out and soften the coconut oil in your hands.