I love making my own ornaments leading up to the holiday season, and this DIY wine cork Christmas tree ornament really couldn’t be any cuter or any easier to make!
DIY Wine Cork Christmas Tree Ornament
When I said that this was an easy Christmas tree ornament to make, I wasn’t kidding. If you still don’t believe me (I’m looking at those of you who consider yourselves un-crafty), just check out this video! Easy as pie!
There are a few reasons why I really love this little ornament.
First, I am just really digging the rustic, primitive look and feel in Christmas decor lately. I love anything made with burlap, twine or barn wood. This warm and cozy style of holiday decor really brings me back to my childhood, and really fills me with the Christmas spirit!
This DIY wine cork Christmas tree ornament is quite simple, but, you could always add a pop of color by swapping the twine hanger with colorful ribbon.
To make the ornament even more festive, you could even use a little glue and add some shimmery glitter to give the appearance of freshly fallen snow on your ornament!
I really like the ornament just the way it is, but again, the sky is really the limit when it comes to your own creativity in making this homemade ornament your own.
Don’t worry if you’re not a wine drinker—I’m not either! If you haven’t collected your own wine corks, you can pick up a whole bunch of them on Amazon for a low price, and you can grab the natural twine you’ll need while you’re at it.
There is something really special about the glow of a Christmas tree that is adorned with handmade ornaments that you’ve crafted over the years. It really makes your tree unique, and it’s why I always try to make at least one or two ornaments each year.
I hope you enjoy this rustic DIY wine cork Christmas tree ornament. If you give it a try, I’d love to hear how it went in the comments below. Alternatively, you can follow me on Instagram and tag me with a picture using hashtag #dearcrissy.
More DIY Christmas Tree Ornaments
Wine Cork Christmas Tree Ornament
- 11 Wine Corks
- Glue Gun (+ Glue Sticks)
- Glue 4 wine corks together, side by side. This will be the bottom of your Christmas tree.
- Glue 3 wine corks together, side by side and on top of the previous corks.
- Glue 2 wine corks together, side by side and on top of the previous 3 corks.
- Glue 1 wine cork on top of the previous 2 corks. This will be the t op of your Christmas tree.
- Using a knife cut the last wine cork in half. Cut a point at the top of the cork. Glue the cork at the bottom of the tree, between the center 2 corks. This will be the trunk of your Christmas tree.
- Glue the center of your twine to the top of your Christmas tree. Tie the 2 loose ends into a bow. Allow to dry.
- Hang your ornament and enjoy!