I’m always excited to find interesting new soup recipes, and I was delighted to try this easy chicken and rice soup featuring Chicken Broccoli Knorr® Sides! I love it because it’s so simple to whip up in just a few minutes, but it really does its job to warm your belly in a totally delicious way.
Easy Chicken and Rice Soup Recipe
I do have a little confession to make. It’s only the second week of September and still reaching nearly 90 degrees during the day here in Ohio, but I’m absolutely ready for all things fall. It was a little chilly in my office first thing this morning and I actually had my little heater running under my desk. My husband would shake his head if he knew that I was already running my little office heater this early in the season!
That said, I’m also craving warm comfort foods like this easy chicken and rice soup.
This soup is chock-full of delicious fresh vegetables, including red bell peppers, zucchini, celery and onions. The veggies all go into a skillet until they are nice and tender. When the vegetables are soft and seasoned, you add your broth, water and Knorr® Rice Sides. Bring this to a boil and then it only takes about 10 minutes to finish the soup.
I love how quick and easy this recipe is to prepare, and you could really mix it up by using whatever vegetables you have available at the time.
This soup is so very flavorful and delicious. It is the perfect warm comfort food for a chilly day.
If you wanted to save even more time, you could wash and chop your vegetables ahead of time, and even cook and shred your chicken beforehand as well. I chopped my veggies and cooked my chicken the night before, put it in the fridge and then spent only minutes on dinner the next day! That’s a huge win on those busy fall school nights when helping the kids with their homework makes the evenings hectic.
I filled my husband’s soup thermos with some leftover chicken and rice soup and he was able to enjoy a warm, filling lunch at work the next day.
Do you have a favorite soup recipe to enjoy during the fall?
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 medium red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 3/4 cups chopped onion
- 3/4 cup zucchini, halved lengthwise, then sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 2 cans (14.5 oz. ea.) reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 package Knorr® Rice Sides™ - Chicken flavor Broccoli
- 2 1/3 cups shredded cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Heat olive oil in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat and cook vegetables and thyme, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 6 minutes.
- Add broth, water and Knorr® Rice Sides™ - Chicken flavor Broccoli. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook covered 10 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in chicken and serve immediately.