These scrumptious ground pork tacos are an easy weeknight dinner that your whole family will love. This recipe will help you put a warm and flavorful family meal on the table, faster! I’d like to thank The Ohio Pork Council for sponsoring one of my favorite ground pork recipes!
Ground Pork Tacos Recipe
I recently whipped up some of these delicious ground pork tacos with roasted vegetables for a family gathering. I wanted to cook a dish that both adults and kids would enjoy, and let’s face it, who doesn’t love tacos?
One of my guests commented that my tacos were so flavorful and juicy. When I told her that my key ingredient was ground pork, her eyes lit up, and she asked if she could have my recipe! Of course, I was more than happy to share the love!
My family really enjoys when I cook with pork, and there are really so many creative ways to use this yummy protein, including these easy ground pork tacos.
Don’t you just want to pick one up and take a big bite? 😍
Ground Pork Recipes
I am a huge fan of ground pork recipes. I love cooking with ground pork because it’s an inexpensive dinner idea that tastes great and is fast and easy to prepare.
Recipes utilizing ground pork are perfect for those weeks when you’re particularly busy. I’m definitely super busy this week! I’m helping teach a group of 5-year-olds at vacation bible school this week, so I don’t have a lot of extra time in the evenings to prepare dinner for my crew.
Serving at VBS is so fun and rewarding, but those sweet kiddos definitely wear me out a little! When dinner time rolls around, I rely on simple recipes that work well the next day as leftovers.
For these easy ground pork tacos, I roasted peppers, onion, and corn to use as a topping.
You can definitely mix this up a bit and roast any vegetables you prefer.
I also like roasted sweet potato and butternut squash for this recipe.
If you’ve never used ground pork to make tacos, you’re going to be so pleasantly surprised.
The flavor is AMAZING! In fact, I’ve been using ground pork in so many of my tried-and-true recipes lately. It’s incredible how the flavor of pork can take a dish to the next level.
This ground pork tacos recipe also works really well as a burrito/taco bowl.
Just omit the shells and add all of the ingredients to a bowl with some chopped greens and your favorite toppings like cheese, fresh cilantro, and salsa.
I hope you love my easy ground pork tacos! If you’re interested in experimenting more in the kitchen with pork, be sure to visit The Ohio Pork Council website for lots of great information and tasty pork recipes.
Easy Ground Pork Tacos Video
Check out our fun tutorial video at the top of our post for a closer look at my fantastic ground pork tacos recipe! It’s going to be one of your new favorite ground pork recipes!
Ground Pork Tacos
These flavorful ground pork tacos are the perfect dinner for busy weeknights.
- 1 lb. ground pork (90% lean / 10% fat)
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 3 bell peppers (I used a 1 each: green, red, and yellow), diced in 1” pieces
- 1 small red onion, diced in 1” pieces
- 2 ears sweet corn
- 10 corn or flour soft taco shells, warmed
- Fresh cilantro
- Salsa verde
- Cotija cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Add chopped peppers and onion to a large baking sheet and drizzle with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Toss to coat. Lay the two ears of corn on the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Salt and pepper all vegetables. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven to toss vegetables and turn corn. Bake an additional 10-15 minutes or until desired tenderness is achieved. When done roasting, use a sharp knife to remove kernels from the corn and toss all vegetables together on the pan.
- While the vegetables are roasting, brown pork in a skillet over medium-high heat. Once browned, add taco seasoning and ⅔ cup water. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered about 3-4 minutes or until most of the liquid has cooked down.
- Follow the instructions on your tortillas for warming. I used 6” corn tortillas and heated in a skillet over medium heat for about 15 seconds on each side. Flour tortillas would also be great!
- Assemble tacos using the seasoned pork, roasted vegetables, cotija cheese, salsa verde, and fresh cilantro.