I’d like to thank Knorr for sponsoring my Turkey and Rice Soup recipe.
I love the holidays, but let’s face it, this time of year is also more than a little stressful thanks to all the hustle and bustle of the season.
When it comes to family mealtimes during the holiday season, I look for quick, no-fuss recipes that will get food on our table, faster and stress-free.
This incredibly flavorful ground turkey and rice soup featuring Knorr Selects Spinach and Artichoke Rice is a wonderfully warm and hearty dinner option!
Ground Turkey and Rice Soup Recipe
Getting creative with Knorr Selects is SO much fun, and this ground turkey and rice soup was a huge hit with my husband, my kids and even my parents.
I love working with Knorr Selects because the rice is ready in just 10 minutes, and it contains no artificial flavors or preservatives.
Also, many of you will be happy to know that Knorr Selects are gluten-free, using responsibly sourced rice from Arkansas. I have so many readers who are interested in gluten-free meals for their families, and this easy turkey and rice soup is a wonderful option.
I love creating one-pan recipes using ground turkey. My kids actually prefer it to ground beef, and I find that it adds a wonderful flavor to this hearty soup.
This is ground turkey and rice soup has such rich and delicious flavor thanks to the Knorr Selects Spinach and Artichoke Rice, which features asiago and cheddar cheeses. This is truly the perfect soup to help you unwind and relax after a busy day.
I love using ground turkey in my soups, but, ground pork would also taste great in this recipe. Check out my easy ground pork tacos if you’re a fan of cooking with ground pork.
If you love soups during the fall and winter months as much as I do, you definitely don’t want to miss this simple and scrumptious soup recipe!
- 2 tsps. olive oil
- 1 lb. 93% lean ground turkey
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 4.5 oz. can green chiles
- 6 cups reduced sodium chicken broth (or you could use Knorr Homestyle Chicken Stock)
- 1cup milk
- 1 package Knorr® Selects Spinach & Artichoke Rice
- Heat 1 tsp. olive oil in a dutch oven over medium-high heat, and cook turkey until thoroughly done. Drain any excess fat. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat another 1 tsp. olive oil and cook vegetables, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender.
- Add broth, water, milk, green chiles and ground turkey to the cooked vegetables. Whisk in Knorr® Selects. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook covered 10 minutes or until rice is tender.