I’d like to thank Knorr for sponsoring this post.
Harvest Vegetable Risotto with Toasted Pecans Recipe
Living in a rural corner of southern Ohio has made me keenly aware of the important role that farmers play in bringing fresh foods to our tables. I’m so thankful for our farmers and the beautiful abundance of fresh produce available during the harvest season.
In fact, I plan to personally thank a few of my favorite local farmers on October 12th, because it’s National Farmer’s Day!
I was even inspired by the flavors of fall to create this really special dish. You’re going to love my Harvest Vegetable Risotto with Toasted Pecans and you might even be surprised by how quick and easy it is to make!
The dish features Knorr Selects Four Cheese Risotto and I used some delicious vegetables, fresh herbs and toasted pecans to create a dish that’s perfect for autumn—or any season.
I love working with Knorr Selects because the rice is ready in just 10 minutes, and it contains no artificial flavors or preservatives.
I also truly appreciate Knorr’s ongoing commitment to partnering with American farmers to grow crops responsibly. I was happy to learn recently that Knorr sources rice grown on Arkansas farms, dairy produced in the Midwest, and garlic from California growers.
This harvest vegetable risotto with toasted pecans is full of flavor. It’s such a wonderful comfort food, and the perfect warm and tasty meal to nourish my family.
It’s also really easy to make because I can prepare the Knorr Selects while my vegetables are in the oven roasting. I love adding roasted vegetables to dishes like this because they add such a depth of flavor.
The combination of butternut squash, brussels sprouts, mushrooms, fresh thyme and toasted pecans just encapsulates fall for me. It’s such a fantastic flavor combination that pairs beautifully with the flavors of Knorr Selects Four Cheese Risotto.
This meal is so cozy. It’s perfect to serve to your family on days when everyone just needs a flavorful bowl of comfort to end their day!
I hope you enjoy my harvest vegetable risotto and that you’ll take time to celebrate National Farmer’s Day with me this month!
- 1 Knorr Selects Four Cheese Risotto, prepared according to directions on the package
- 2 cups baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups butternut squash, 1 inch cubes
- 2 cups brussels sprouts, quartered
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 cup milk
- fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat vegetables in 1 tablespoon of olive oil and spread evenly onto a baking sheet, sprinkle with fresh thyme. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add the chopped pecans to the baking sheet the last 5 minutes of baking. Toast the pecans just until they become aromatic, being careful not to scorch them. About 5 minutes was perfect for mine.
- While the vegetables are baking prepare the Four Cheese Risotto according to the directions on the package. Stir in the roasted vegetables and toasted pecans and serve immediately.