Homemade soap recipes
Check out our list of the best homemade soap recipes. Making your own soap isn’t too difficult once you get the hang of it!
1. Aloe vera soap — The aloe plant is known to be a medicine for many skin ailments. Aloe is loaded with amino acids, minerals and many other components that makes it a perfect soap for problem skin. Check out the more wonderful homemade soap recipes at Soap Recipes 101.
2. Honey- walnut milk soap — Check out this wonderful smelling honey walnut milk soap at Offbeat and Inspired. This soap has a milk base that creates an extra moisturizing cleanser for anyone with dry skin.
3. Olive oil soap — Olive oil soap is extremely mild and gentle to the skin, and effectively cleanses without causing any dryness. This is the perfect homemade soap recipe for anyone with sensitive skin.
4. Homemade oatmeal soap — Oatmeal soap moisturizes and gently exfoliates as it cleanses the skin. This homemade soap from Seven Clown Circus is easy to make, so it’s a great homemade soap recipe for beginners.
5. Goat milk soap — Pamper your skin with the many benefits of goat milk. It contains vitamins A, B6, B12 and E. Goat milk soap helps to moisturize and soothe the skin while promoting natural exfoliation.
6. Lavender soap — Lavender is known to induce the feeling of calm and relaxation. Bathe yourself in lavender soap to relieve stress after a long day. This DIY soap is one of my favorites!
8. Homemade antiseptic soap — One of the main ingredients in this soap is tea tree oil. Tea tree oil is know to be a good antiseptic used to treat anything from minor cuts, acne, athlete’s foot and toe nail fungus.
9. Shea butter soap — Shea butter is one of the most popular ingredients used in soap. It is extremely moisturizing, and makes the skin feel softer and more resilient. Shea butter is used to treat stretch marks, eczema and dermatitis. This soap will work well for most skin types.
10. Homemade glycerin soap — Melt and pour soap is a great craft project for kids to create with their parents. It contains no harsh chemicals and the results are quick. It is just plain fun to create your own beautiful soap. If you’re new to soap-making check out this recipe from Martha Stewart, it’s super easy—and fun!
We hope you enjoyed our round-up of great homemade soap recipes. Homemade soaps make a great holiday gift. Have you ever followed a homemade soap recipe? Let us know in the comments below.