I particularly love using a homemade sugar scrub in the winter when my skin begins looking dull. If you are a sugar scrub junkie like me, you’ll love this list of homemade sugar scrub recipes. If you’re a sugar scrub newbie — trust me — you have to try it!
Homemade Sugar Scrub
1. Let’s start off with this incredible Green Tea Sugar Scrub.
It’s a great wake-up call for tired skin in the morning and one of my personal favorite homemade sugar scrub recipes.
2. Another favorite homemade sugar scrub is this ultra-hydrating Cucumber Scrub that nourishes your skin and provides a light, fresh scent that makes you think of summer no matter what time of year it is.
I adore the way cucumber smells and this homemade sugar scrub leaves my skin silky smooth thanks to the coconut oil in the recipe. Double yum!
3. Speaking of summer, I can’t get enough of this Blueberry Lemon Body Scrub.
It’ uses freeze-dried blueberries and lemon, but you could certainly give it a shot with fresh blueberries as well. It smells good enough to eat, but of course, you don’t want to do that. This homemade sugar scrub recipe is one to save.
4. This DIY Grapefruit Scrub is not only great for buffing off dead skin cells it’s also just gorgeous.
The scent provides a burst of freshness too, making it a nice morning scrub to help you have an energized day.
DIY Sugar Scrubs
5. Can you tell I love citrus scrubs? I’m also a fan of this easy-to-make Satsuma & Honey Body Scrub.
Of course, if you can’t find any satsumas you can use the citrus fruit of your choice. A simple orange will do the trick and offer the same luxurious scrub experience.
6. Deliciously Organized offers this (you guessed it) DIY Delicious Scrub. Sugar scrubs are a great way to gently exfoliate your skin, revealing the fresh and glowing layers below.
This homemade sugar scrub recipe features organic cane sugar and vitamin e oil.
7. Katie from Good Life Eats (whose blog I just adore), offers this amazing Vanilla Bean Sugar Scrub Recipe. I could inhale the scent of vanilla for the rest of my life and be happy, so something tells me this homemade sugar scrub is to-die-for.
8. This Vanilla Olive Oil Sugar Scrub recipe from Freutcake features turbinado sugar and you guessed it, OLIVE OIL! I’m actually a big fan of using olive oil on the skin, and from the look of these incredibly gorgeous photos, this homemade sugar scrub recipe will yield an amazing scrub.
How to Make Sugar Scrubs
9. There’s nothing quite like the aroma of orange and clove. It’s wonderful for the holiday season, but I make this fantastic orange and clove sugar scrub all year long. It’s one of my most popular scrub recipes.
10. For a festive homemade sugar scrub recipe, I adore this Peppermint Candy Cane Scrub from The Idea Room. Be sure to check it out for step-by-step instructions on how to make this cute holiday sugar scrub recipe.
11. Christa from C. Jane Create shares her personal Brown Sugar & Vanilla scrub recipe, which I must say, looks awesome. I love brown sugar scrubs, and Christa’s homemade sugar scrub recipe would make great gifts for all of your girlfriends.
DIY Body Scrub
12. When the holiday season rolls around, I love making batches of this incredible Maple Pumpkin Sugar Scrub. I mean, come on. It’s to-die-for!
13. Just the photo alone of this Honey & Sugar Foot Scrub from Design Sponge makes me bliss out. This foot scrub recipe is very simple, and I can already imagine using this scrub on my feet!
14. When it comes to making a homemade sugar scrub, you can’t forget your lips! Our easy DIY lip scrub recipe is wonderful for exfoliating your lips to remove all of those old, dead skin cells.
15. Foto e Fornelli blogs this Lemon Scrub that, without question, looks good enough to eat. You’ll probably have to run Google translate on this site (in Italian), however, this homemade sugar scrub recipe just looks so fresh and REFRESHING, that I really couldn’t pass up adding it to the roundup.
Have you ever made a body scrub, facial scrub, or foot scrub based on a homemade sugar scrub recipe that you found online? What was your experience?
More posts about skin care:
Dry lips? Try these 10 Homemade Lip Balm Recipes!