Instant Pot BBQ Pork Chops
My easy Instant Pot BBQ pork chops is a quick and easy dinner idea that tastes amazing. Pork plus your pressure cooker are truly a culinary match made in heaven!
I’d like to thank The Ohio Pork Council for sponsoring this recipe.
If you’re a regular reader of this blog, you know that I live for easy family recipes. It’s why I’m in love with this simple Instant Pot BBQ pork chops recipe. I make this dish at least a couple of times every month!
Instant Pot BBQ Pork Chops Recipe
Bone-in cuts of pork chops are my preference for this recipe. I used loin chops (also called porterhouse cut) pork chops for this dish.
I find that the bone-in cuts of pork turn out tender and juicy when cooked in my pressure cooker.
Easy Pressure Bone-In Pork Chops
I think I’ve mentioned this before, but, I come by my love of pork chops honest.
Growing up in the 1980’s, my parents prepared a lot of pork chops for dinner. It was a delicious and budget-friendly dinner solution that I always enjoyed having on my plate.
Dinner, when pork chops are on my plate, is always a good thing!
These easy Instant Pot pork chops are so loaded with great BBQ flavor that they pair nicely with a simple and healthy side or two.
I usually make steamed broccoli and roasted or mashed potatoes to complete a balanced dinner for my kids.
If you haven’t tried making pork chops in your Instant Pot, what are you waiting for? This recipe is a great way to get started.
For more yummy pork recipes, check out a few of my favorites below.
Get the full recipe below, and be sure to share this recipe on Pinterest so you don’t forget about it!
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground mustard
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 bone-in pork chops
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons pork rub (see our recipe or use store-bought)
- Sweet Baby Ray's Hickory and Brown Sugar BBQ sauce
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- Allow your pork chops to come to room temperature by setting them out for about 20-30 minutes prior to cooking.
- Thoroughly rub both sides of your pork chops with 1-2 tablespoons of the pork rub seasoning.
- Add olive oil to your Instant Pot and set to sauté. When hot add your pork chops and brown for 1-2 minutes on each side. Do not brown for more than 2 minutes per side to prevent overcooking. Work in batches if necessary as you don’t want to crowd the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Remove all the chops from the pot and add the chicken broth. Use a wooden spoon to deglaze the bottom of the pot.
- Add the pork chops back into the Instant Pot along with 3 tablespoons of BBQ Sauce.
- Lock the lid on your Instant Pot and ensure the valve is set to sealing. Pressure cook on high for 7 minutes. Allow to natural release for a full 5 minutes, then do a quick release.
- Remove pork chops to a baking sheet lined with non-stick foil (or spray your foil with cooking spray). Brush your pork chops with additional BBQ sauce and place under the broiler just until the sauce begins to caramelize and bubble. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 pork chop
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 459Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 138mgSodium: 1256mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 44g