This post is sponsored by LG. As always, opinions are genuine and all mine! :)
While Christmas is certainly December’s main event in our family, we also celebrate three birthdays. My birthday is December 13th, my daughter’s is the 14th and my dad’s is the 15th.
Needless to say, my husband and I see a lot of action in our home during the month of December! Before our recent kitchen renovation, we cringed a bit knowing that our kitchen—the heart of our home—just wasn’t a particularly warm or functional hub.
This is our first holiday season since upgrading the kitchen, and after Kara’s birthday party on Saturday I can tell you that making those changes in our home, particularly the addition of our LG appliances, changed EVERYTHING—for the better!
In fact, I’d like to share with you the top 5 things I’m loving about our new kitchen space this holiday season.
5 Things I love about our new kitchen!
1. Room to move — While we didn’t change the layout of our kitchen significantly, we did move our table to the other side of the room freeing up more precious space.
2. Double the oven, half the time — I am legit in love with my LG Double Oven Range. Being able to bake two dishes independently saves so much time. If you’ve had the urge to upgrade to a double oven but weren’t sure, trust me, you’ll love it!
Don't be jealous of my mad cake decorating skills. It says Happy Birthday Kara + Papaw, by the way. :) This cake actually reminds me of the in-pan birthday cakes of my own childhood birthdays. We kept it super simple this year and devoted our energy to spending time together as a family.
3. A place for everything — It is so nice to have a refrigerator and freezer large enough to hold everything without a struggle. Our old refrigerator was alway bursting at the seams!
4. Door-in-Door magic, and convenience — Speaking of our refrigerator, the Door-in-Door feature is even more wonderful than I thought it would be. When I’m busy cooking and preparing our home for guests, the kids can walk right up, open the Door-in-Door and grab some water or juice. I even keep this area stocked with snacks (veggie sticks and cheese in small containers), and the kids can grab their own when they are hungry!
It’s a major energy savings not having to open the entire refrigerator to access go-to items like soft drinks, milk, butter and cheese.
It’s seriously cool, see?
5. Faster cleanup — Finally, my life is just so much easier now that I can load our LG Dishwasher with TruSteam Technology, push a couple buttons and return to clean, sanitized dishes. It’s so quiet that I often don’t even realize it’s running!
What part of the holiday season are you loving?
Yes, I’m in love with our new kitchen and LG appliances! I’m also in love with the cozy-glow of our Christmas tree, the twinkle of wonder in my children’s eyes and the spirit of giving all around.
Tell me, what are you loving about this holiday season?