Soft, chewy pretzels are one of my favorite snacks.
In fact, I’ve been craving a big, soft, chewy pretzel and decided to use that inspiration to make some fun mini soft pretzels for the kids. The best part? They are super simple to make!
While I love the idea of making soft pretzels from scratch, when it comes to snacks for the kids, quick and easy are king.
These mini circus-inspired pretzels really couldn’t be any easier to make because they feature Pillsbury breadsticks that you can pick up in the refrigerated aisle at the grocery store.
You just cut them lengthwise, form a rope, twist them into shape, brush with egg then sprinkle with some seasonings and bake. Check out the video below to see how it’s done.
These soft mini pretzels make such a great fast-snack for your kids, and they’ll love how small and cute they are. Perfect for little fingers!
You could stick with a little kosher salt to top your mini pretzels, but I also sprinkled ours with a little garlic powder and grated parmesan cheese. This gave them a nice flavor, and goes well with pizza dipping sauce.
As you can see, Evan and Kara love this mini soft pretzels recipe!
I hope you enjoy this fun recipe!
Mini Soft Pretzels Recipe
These soft, chewy pretzel bites are perfect for dipping in your favorite sauce and enjoying anytime.
- 1 can (11 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated breadsticks
- 1 egg, beaten
- Kosher salt
- Garlic powder
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 375°. Unroll dough; separate into 12 breadsticks. Cut each in half lengthwise. Roll each breadstick lightly to form 10-inch-long rope.
- To shape each pretzel, shape rope into a circle, overlapping dough about 2 inches from each end, leaving ends free. Take 1 end in each hand; twist once at point where dough overlaps. Lift ends over opposite side of circle. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Brush each with beaten egg; sprinkle with salt.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, in small microwavable bowl, mix cheese spread and milk. Microwave on High 1 minute, stirring once halfway through cooking, until melted and hot.
- Remove pretzels from cookie sheet. Serve warm pretzels with pizza sauce.
Slightly adapted from Pillsbury.com.All images and text © . If you would like to share this recipe on a website or social profile, please be sure to properly attribute by linking back to this page. If you share the recipe on your blog, please rewrite it in your own words, and again, include a link back. Thanks so much! :)