Never Fail Banana Nut Bread
The older I get, the more I love bananas. One of my favorite ways to utilize my super-ripe bananas (the ones that are spotted brown and crazy-sweet inside) is by making this delicious never fail banana nut bread recipe.
If you’ve never made your own homemade banana nut bread before, what are you waiting for? It’s really so very simple, and with my recipe your result will be moist, rich banana bread every single time.
Never Fail Banana Nut Bread Recipe
My husband doesn’t have a major sweet tooth, but he has one ritual that he performs every single evening. After his work day is done and he’s had time for evening shower, he always brews a cup of coffee and enjoys a sweet treat if he can find one.
Some nights he has to resort to a store-bought snack cake, but I try to bake something for him a couple times a week. He doesn’t like anything super decadent, so this banana nut bread is just perfect with his evening cup of coffee.
Personally, I really love having banana bread for breakfast with a hot cup of tea.
Be sure to grab your ripe bananas this week and try my never fail banana nut bread recipe. I think you’re going to love it! :)
More Delicious Breads and Cakes
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup granulated sugar + 1 tablespoon
- ½ cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 3 large, very ripe bananas (should be spotted), mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x5 inch loaf with non-stick cooking spray. Add the 1 tablespoon of sugar to the pan to coat the bottom and the sides.
- In a small bowl stir together the flour and the soda and set aside.
- In a medium bowl using an electric mixer cream together the sugar and the shortening. Add the eggs, mashed bananas and the vanilla. Mix on low speed just until blended about 30 seconds. Add the flour mixture a little at a time mixing on low speed or using a wooden spoon just until combined. Stir in the walnuts.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes then remove from pan and cool completely.