When it comes to cooking family meals on busy weekdays, I always look for recipes that can be made easily using simple ingredients. Recipes that require just one-pot are also a huge winner in my book, which is why I love making this easy one-pot pasta and cheese with broccoli dish.
This time, I made it in my new Pampered Chef Rockcrok™ 2.5-qt. Everyday Pan and I have to say that the process and the results were really fantastic!
Cheesy pasta is always a hit with my kids, and broccoli is actually one of the few vegetables that they will both eat. Needless to say, this meal is definitely a crowd pleaser in my home.
The first thing I noticed about the Rockcrok™ Everyday Pan was it’s great size. Not too big and not too small, it’s really the perfect size for weeknight family dinner.
The Rockcrok™ Everyday Pan from Pampered chef is ceramic—created from a clay that features exceptionally high heat resistance after firing. The pans are heat-resistant to 752°F—safe on gas, electric and flat-top stovetops, gas and charcoal grills, in the oven and microwave, and under the broiler.
I also love that the heat distributes evenly in the pan.
The Rockcrok™ Everyday Pan (you can also get a Dutch oven version of this product) is so versatile, and in this recipe goes from the stovetop right into the oven.
It’s so nice to be able to cook a family mean in just one pot. Not only does this save so much time during the preparation, it’s also nice to have fewer dishes to wash at the end of the evening!
If your family loves simple pasta, cheese and veggie recipes, you should definitely give this one-pop pasta and cheese with broccoli a try. It’s toddler and kid-friendly, plus, who doesn’t like a dish that’s covered in cheddar cheese? YUM!
I am SUCH a huge fan of Pampered Chef products, and have so many of them in my kitchen. The Rockcrok™ Everyday Pan is no exception and offers the high-quality that you’re used to from Pampered Chef. This product would also make an amazing holiday gift for your favorite foodie!
Pampered Chef Giveaway
One lucky Dear Crissy reader will win a Pampered Chef Rockcrok Everyday Pan ($115), Bamboo Specialty Cooking Set, and a Basic Nylon 4-piece Set. Open to USA only, ends December 10th. Good luck!
- ¼ cup (4 Tbsp) unsalted butter ½ tsp salt ½ tsp pepper 3 cups plus 3 Tbsp whole milk 8 oz dried pasta of choice 2 cups frozen broccoli florets 12 oz shredded mild cheddar cheese 2 Tbsp flour
1. Add butter, salt and pepper to large skillet over medium high heat (I used my awesome Rockcrok™ 2.5-qt. Everyday Pan from Pampered Chef). Stir to combine, then add 3 cups of milk and cover.
2. When milk begins to boil, add pasta and allow to simmer for 4-5 minutes. Simmer until pasta is almost done, stirring occasionally.
3. Add frozen broccoli and stir, let simmer for 3 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, combine 2 tablespoons flour and 3 tablespoons milk in a small container until combined, set aside.
5. Preheat broiler. Stir in 8 ounces cheddar cheese and stir-in the flour/milk mixture. Sprinkle with remaining 4 ounces of cheese. Place under broiler for 2-4 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden browned.