This post is sponsored by Pampered Chef. Opinions are my own.
I’ve been tempted with a lot of chocolate this holiday season, so I wanted to mix things up a bit and make some of my favorite cookies ever, these orange-carrot cookies with cream cheese frosting from an old Better Homes and Gardens magazine that I’ve held onto since a couple years ago.
These cookies are so amazing, and the baking process was extra special this time because I had the chance to try some new products from Pampered Chef! Keep reading, because I’ll also be giving away all the Pampered Chef products mentioned in this post.
The Pampered Chef Medium Cookie Scoop is the perfect size for these cookies. I’ve been wanting to pick up a couple Pampered Chef Cookie Scoops since I spied my mom’s last year. Love them!
The mat shows you exactly where to put your cookies, depending on desired size, and I noticed that my cookies baked really nicely on this mat. It’s also easy to clean when the job is done.
I’m also loving this Stackable Cooling Rack—it’s nonstick and the feet are rubberized so you won’t scratch your countertop.
These cookies are so, so good. You have to try them! The cream cheese frosting is something that I could pretty much eat morning, noon and night if it was in anyway acceptable.
Oh, and a product that I’ve been using but didn’t get a chance to feature in this post is the Pampered Chef Brownie Pan, which is just BRILLIANT because it has individual spaces for the brownies. Edges anyone?
Pampered Chef Pinterest Sweepstakes
If you love Pampered Chef products as much as I do, you’ll definitely want to enter this fun Pampered Chef Pinterest promotion where you may be selected to win some great items! The contest is easy, don’t miss it!
Win the products featured on this post!
As I mentioned above, I’m also giving away ALL of the Pampered Chef products featured in this blog post ($150 value), as well as a couple extras! Entering is easy and you can do so on the form below. USA only please, 18+. Contest ends on December 15th.
Orange-carrot cookies with cream cheese frosting
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely shredded orange peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup shredded carrots (2 medium)
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a very large mixing bowl beat the 1 cup butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add the brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs, orange peel, and 1 teaspoon vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour, the oats, carrots and coconut
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown and centers are set. Cool on cookie sheets for 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese, the 1/4 cup butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in enough of the powdered sugar until frosting reaches spreading consistency. Spread a small amount of frosting on top of each cookie.
Recipe via Better Homes and Gardens.All images and text © . If you would like to share this recipe on a website or social profile, please be sure to properly attribute by linking back to this page. If you share the recipe on your blog, please rewrite it in your own words, and again, include a link back. Thanks so much! :)