Have you heard—there’s a pumpkin shortage this year! Run (do not walk!) to the store and pick up all of the ingredients you’ll need including pumpkin because these pumpkin chocolate chunk cookies should not be missed!
I love pumpkin and chocolate together, but I have to admit that my family was skeptical. Everyone thought they wouldn’t like pumpkin-flavored chocolate chunk cookies. Personally, I like anything loaded with chocolate chunks so I really couldn’t relate to their trepidation.
It turns out, the fears were all unfounded. Everyone loved these pumpkin chocolate chunk cookies and they were devoured within just a day or two.
These pumpkin chocolate chunk cookies taste incredible right out of the oven when they are still warm and gooey. I love soft cookies and these are so moist and scrumptious.
It’s no secret that I am a huge fan of pumpkin-flavored desserts. I’ve posted a couple pumpkin cookies recipes over the years but I really just can’t get enough pumpkin desserts to satisfy me. I am a just a little pumpkin obsessed!
I’m planning to take these pumpkin chocolate chunk cookies to a Halloween party that I’ve been invited to later this month. I love that they are sweet and decadent without any messy frosting. This makes them perfect for transporting to family events, parties or to your child’s classroom!
I hope you love these perfect pumpkin chocolate chunk cookies as much as I do!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 12 ounces chopped milk chocolate or semisweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside. In a medium bowl combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add granulated sugar and brown sugar. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in pumpkin and vanilla until combined.Beat in as much of the flour mixture as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour mixture and the chocolate.
- Drop dough in 2-tablespoon mounds 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are light brown. Cool on cookie sheets for 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.