Everyone is excited about Starbucks’ Pumpkin Spice Latte this time of year, but did you know you can make a quick little pumpkin latte recipe at home to quench those pumpkin cravings?
Granted, it’s not quite the same drink but it’s hot, full of pumpkin flavor and will give you that little boost when you need it like any great caffeinated beverage should.
Our almost 3 year old is still up a few times a night, and our four month old is understandably still needing to nurse a couple times through the night as well. I appreciate my husband being an equal partner, especially at night with the kiddos! However, there are times when we both wake up like zombies or when our beloved daily book reading sessions turn me into a yawning, almost falling asleep mommy.
Pumpkin season or not, variations of this super quick and inexpensive pumpkin latte recipe are my go to when I really need a pick me up or I’m looking for a special treat!
I chose to use pumpkin pie filling for this easy pumpkin latte recipe because it’s already seasoned to perfection. Of course, you can doctor-up this pumpkin latte recipe with your favorite fall spices to give it your own personal touch.
RELATED: Buttery Pumpkin Cookies Recipe
I hope you enjoy this warm and delicious pumpkin latte recipe as much as I do!
- 1 to 3 tablespoons canned pumpkin pie filling. If you LOVE pumpkin flavor use closer to 3 tablespoons.
- 2 tablespoons espresso powder
- 2 cups HOT water
- ¼ to ¾ cup cream or coffee creamer to taste (We use Silk Soy Vanilla creamer. It is very close to the soy vanilla creamer that Silk supplies Starbucks with).
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil
- While the water is heating, add the creamer, espresso powder, coconut oil and pumpkin puree to the blender. When the water is ready simply pour over the other ingredients and blend on high for about 30 seconds or until it is well combined and frothy.