Is it a pumpkin pie or a pumpkin cake? Well, it’s neither! This lovely creation is actually called a pumpkin magic cake, and it’s purely delicious. In fact, this pumpkin magic cake recipe is really something special, and it will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth and your pumpkin cravings this fall.
Pumpkin Magic Cake Recipe
I first started making this simple pumpkin cake last fall after hearing about the recipe from a friend. Oh, and I have to give credit where credit is due. I totally got this recipe from Betty, herself. :)
RELATED: You MUST to try my pumpkin spice cake with cream cheese frosting!
I can remember the first time I made it wondering if it was going to turn out right. It certainly doesn’t seem like any kind of magic is going to happen the first time you make it!
Don’t worry, that pumpkin pie layer really does sink to the bottom in a magical way. I just love the yummy layers in this pumpkin magic cake recipe!
I love pumpkin pie, but my husband and kids really aren’t fans. This pumpkin magic cake recipe is wonderful because it gives me that pumpkin pie layer but also satisfies my cake-loving family.
It’s really so very tasty. You have to try it!
After you pin and print the recipe, be sure to hop over to Instagram where you can catch a glimpse of my daily test kitchen adventures. :)
Our Most-Loved Pumpkin Recipes
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray a 13x9-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, water, vegetable oil and 3 eggs on medium until well combined. Spread in pan.
- In another large bowl, whisk pumpkin, brown sugar, half-and-half, 3 eggs, 2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice and 1/2 teaspoon of salt until smooth. Carefully spoon this pumpkin mixture over the cake batter in pan.
- Bake 48 to 53 minutes or until cake is set when touched lightly in center. Cool 30 minutes, then refrigerate at least 4 hours to chill.
- In large bowl beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and 1/8 teaspoon salt until smooth. Add whipping cream; beat until smooth and stiff peaks form. Spread over chilled cake. Garnish by sprinkling pumpkin pie spice on top. Store covered in refrigerator.