Does your dinner routine ever feel a bit boring? To keep mealtimes in our home fresh and fun, I turn to one of my family’s favorite ingredients—Pillsbury Crescents.
I’m partnering with Pillsbury today to share this simple and delicious taco crescent ring. It’s sure to bring big flavor and lots of fun to dinner time! As a working mom of two, I often have those nights when I just need a quick, warm and crowd-pleasing recipe to whip-up for husband and kids. This is actually my 6-year-old’s new favorite recipe, and he asked me if I can make it the next time his friends come over for a playdate.
Taco Crescent Ring Recipe Tutorial
As you can see in the video below, this taco crescent ring recipe from Pillsbury provides such an easy dinner option, and one that I know my kids will adore.
I particularly love this taco crescent ring recipe because it puts a new twist on a family favorite.
I have to admit that I make tacos at least a few times a month because it’s one meal that my family loves every time. This recipe is great because it delivers that classic taco flavor, but updated in a really fun way.
The kids love eating their taco crescent wedges. Evan likes to dip his in sour cream and Kara likes hers with salsa.
After I made this taco crescent ring recipe the first time, my gears really began to turn. This ring shape using cans of Pillsbury Crescents is really a fantastic template for so many more wonderful and easy dinner ideas. Just think of the possibilities!
I plan to try a pizza crescent ring next week and then maybe a hot ham and cheese crescent ring after that. My creativity and imagination have definitely been sparked by this fun and easy recipe idea.
When winter and my busy schedule starts to get me down, I love knowing that I have that special time to reconnect with my family at the dinner table.
That’s what it all comes down to, each and every day. That’s the good stuff, and I’m definitely in favor of easy recipes that help me get down to the good stuff even faster.
This blog post is part of a paid Megan Media and Pillsbury blogging program. The opinions and ideas expressed here are my own.
More Delicious Recipes
- Ground Pork Tacos
- Instant Pot Spaghetti
- lb ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 2 cans (8 oz each) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- Shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, sliced ripe olives, taco sauce or salsa, as desired
1. Heat oven to 375°F. In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef until no longer pink. Add taco seasoning mix and 1/2 cup water. Simmer 3 to 4 minutes or until slightly thickened. In medium bowl, mix beef mixture and cheese. 2. Unroll both cans of dough; separate into 16 triangles. On ungreased large cookie sheet, arrange triangles in ring so short sides of triangles form a 5-inch circle in center. Dough will overlap. Dough ring should look like the sun. 3. Spoon beef mixture on the half of each triangle closest to center of ring. 4. Bring each dough triangle up over filling, tucking dough under bottom layer of dough to secure it. Repeat around ring until entire filling is enclosed (some filling might show a little). 5. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until dough is golden brown and thoroughly baked. Cool 5 to 10 minutes before cutting into serving slices.