I’d like to thank Knorr for sponsoring my Turkey, Rice and Cranberry Casserole recipe.
I love the holidays, but I’m always trying to find ways to utilize that tasty leftover turkey, chicken or ham after a big family gathering. This turkey, rice and cranberry casserole combines all of your favorite holiday meal flavors with a few surprises that will have you coming back for seconds!
Turkey, Rice and Cranberry Casserole Recipe
I love this casserole because you can use any leftover protein that you have on hand. I’ve made this recipe with turkey and chicken, but ham would also be delicious.
I used a package of Knorr Selects White Cheddar Broccoli Rice as the foundation of this easy casserole. There are just so many ways to utilize Knorr Selects in your recipes! The rice is ready in just 10 minutes, which makes it easy to put tasty dinners on the table even if you’re short on time.
This recipe is wonderful to make around the holidays, because you can use so many of those Thanksgiving or Christmas leftovers to customize the casserole using your favorite ingredients. In fact, my kids call this Thanksgiving Leftovers Casserole, which isn’t a bad name, really! :)
Knorr Selects are full of flavor, and you’ll be happy to know that they have no artificial flavors or preservatives!
While I love using green beans in this delicious casserole, you could easily substitute with broccoli, spinach or kale to add some green to the dish.
The addition of dried cranberries adds such a wonderful touch of sweetness and gives this casserole some beautiful holiday color.
The pine nuts and white cheddar topping is absolutely scrumptious! The flavor of Knorr Selects White Cheddar Broccoli inspired the addition of more white cheddar cheese on top for that cheesy, casserole texture you’ll want to dig your fork right into—it’s so yummy!
I hope your family enjoys this turkey, rice and cranberry casserole as much as mine does.
More Easy One Pot Meals
Turkey, Rice and Cranberry Casserole
This scrumptious casserole is the perfect way to utilize your holiday leftovers!
- Package Knorr Selects White Cheddar Broccoli Rice prepared per package
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup fresh green beans, cut into 1” pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 cups cut up leftover turkey or rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Prepare Knorr Selects per package instructions and set aside.
- Add oil to a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add green beans, onion and mushrooms and sauté 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, salt, pepper, and thyme. Continue to cook for 1-2 minutes. Add turkey and cranberries and cook and additional 2-3 minutes.
- Combine mixture with prepared rice then transfer to baking dish. Top with cheese and pine nuts.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese begins to bubble.
4 Comments on “Turkey, Rice and Cranberry Casserole”
Def using this soon! Looks so yummy and rather fun to make!
XO Ellen from Ask Away
Yum. That looks delicious… I love cranberries.
That looks amazing. Now I just need leftover turkey. Ha! :)
That looks delicious! I love the idea of reusing leftovers but making a completely new dish out of them.