I am a 37-year-old woman and I am not immune to the current unicorn craze. In fact, I squealed with delight as I added the final sprinkles to these gorgeous and delicious unicorn bars!
As much as I love all things unicorn, I’m not going to be rocking unicorn hair or unicorn eyeshadow anytime soon.
I have my limits, y’all.
I’ll stick with expressing my unicorn love through baking. These pretty unicorn bars are so easy to make and they taste amazing.
Unicorn Bars Recipe
In fact, these unicorn bars would be just fabulous for a little girl’s birthday party. The base of this recipe is my good old cake mix cookie bars recipe that I’ve used a million times. It works really well with sprinkles and white chocolate chips mixed into the batter, but, you can really add any mix-ins you like.
I used a variety of sprinkles and chocolate pearls that I had on hand, but I’ve been meaning to buy some of these insanely gorgeous sprinkles from Sweetapolita. Why have I not bought some of these yet? SO CUTE.
Of course, my unicorn bars might not look like the unicorn bars that you have in your mind. That’s okay, because you can make the frosting any color you like and you can use any type of sprinkles you prefer.
You could even go completely unicorn crazy and make a white chocolate unicorn horn like the one I made in this unicorn yogurt bowl post.
Be sure to take a picture and tag me @dearcrissy on Instagram if you decide to whip up a magical batch of these yummy unicorn bars!
More Delicious Dessert Bars
Cake Mix Cookie Bars
Key Lime Pie Bars
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
Unicorn Bars Recipe
Make dessert time magical with these bright and beautiful unicorn cake mix cookie bars. I mentioned they're yummy, right? :)
For the bars
- 1 Box vanilla cake mix
- 1 small box instant vanilla pudding (just pour the powdered mix in your bowl)
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons sprinkles
⅓ cup butter, softened 3 cups powdered sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla 1 to 2 tablespoons milk assorted sprinkles of your choosing
- ⅓ cup butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
InstructionsFor the bars
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine cake mix, pudding, water, vegetable oil, eggs, chips and sprinkles in large bowl. I used a wooden spoon to stir.
- Pour the batter (it’s going to be thick) into a 9×13 pan lined with foil and sprayed with non- stick cooking spray.
- Bake your bars for 20-30 minutes (I took mine out at 25.) Bake just until the middle isn't wobbly and edges are golden brown.
- Cool completely then lift out of the pan using the foil.
- Using an electric mixer beat together the butter and powdered sugar until well blended and smooth. Beat in the vanilla and 1 tablespoon of the milk. If necessary beat in the remaining milk a little at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Add several drops of gel food coloring to frosting and stir. I used neon pink and purple to achieve this color.
- I piped some frosting on the middle of each bar, but, you could alternatively spread onto the cooled bars and decorate with additional sprinkles.
One Comment on “Unicorn Bars”
Saw your email at my gmail, and I fell in love with the picture! It makes me hungry first thing in the morning. I definitely love it. Thanks for sharing those sweet recipe. I didn’t realized the recipe was so easy to make!