I’d like to thank Knorr for sponsoring my Unstuffed Peppers Skillet recipe.
Dinner time with kids can be… interesting! At ages five and eight, I can count on one hand the foods that my kids will eat without a fuss! Luckily, I’ve realized that sometimes it’s all about how you present a dish.
Take stuffed peppers, for instance. I’ve never been able to get the kids to eat a traditional stuffed pepper, but when I got creative recently and deconstructed the stuffed pepper, it was suddenly a dish that the whole family loved—even those picky kids of mine! My incredible Unstuffed Peppers Skillet has been a regular in our monthly dinner rotation ever since!
Unstuffed Peppers Skillet Recipe
This dish is absolutely LOADED with flavor, and the star of the skillet is Knorr Selects Rustic Mexican Rice & Beans.
Yes, I’ve been talking a lot about Knorr Selects over the past couple of months! It’s been so much fun having the opportunity to create easy, family-friendly recipes using this versatile product. I love Knorr Selects because the rice is ready in just 10 minutes, which means I can have dinner on the table on crazy school nights without any extra fuss.
Knorr Selects is so full of flavor, and you’ll be happy to know that there are no artificial flavors or preservatives!
The whole back-to-school rush has hit me like a tidal wave this week. As a mother, I find myself worrying over the smallest things! The last thing I need after a long day is to be faced with a complicated dinner that takes hours to prep, cook and cleanup.
My Unstuffed Peppers Skillet recipe is so simple to whip up thanks to Knorr Selects, and it ends up making about 6-8 servings, which means there’s room for seconds!
Of course, if you prefer stuffing your peppers the old fashioned way, you can certainly follow my recipe without chopping the peppers. Instead, stuff them with the rice and bake them at the end. If you decide to go that route, I’d also suggest pre-softening the peppers in some boiling water for about 2 minutes before stuffing them and topping with cheese.
My Unstuffed Peppers Skillet is such a hearty family meal. I promise you’re going to love it as much as my family does! :)
Unstuffed Peppers Skillet
These deconstructed stuffed peppers are loaded with flavor and can be made using one pan!
- 1 pkg Knorr Selects Rustic Mexican Rice & Beans
- 1 lb. ground turkey, cooked and drained
- 3 bell peppers, roughly diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees f.
- Sauté the bell peppers, onion and garlic in 1 tbsp. olive oil in an oven-safe skillet until soft. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Using the same skillet, cook ground turkey until done. Set aside.
- Again, using the same skillet, prepare Knorr Selects according to package. When the rice is done, stir in the peppers and onion, turkey, corn, fire roasted tomatoes and seasonings. Stir for a few minutes to thoroughly heat the mixture.
- Sprinkle the dish with your cheese and place into a hot oven for 15-20 minutes or until you see bubbling and the cheese begins to brown.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and enjoy!