I do a lot of complaining.
As a blogger, my complaints are amplified in my writing. My whiny-posts are meant to come off as consciously self-deprecating, and even though they quite often spark introspection, there will always be some folks who just don’t have the sense of humor to roll with it.
So, yes, I complain. I complain about small, insignificant things. I think that most of us are guilty of that, and I also think that most of us are also keenly aware of how deeply blessed we are. I know I am.
Getting around to what I actually wanted to write about. Today was a good day.
What does a good day look like in my life?
- We woke up to no diaper leaks
- Lots of laughter and play time with both kids
- Naps were had by both kids (and even at the same time)
- Pot roast in the slow cooker for dinner
- Evan ate a few vegetables
- Both kids had a bath
- Both kids in bed, asleep by 9:00 p.m.
Nothing too spectacular, right? Well, believe it or not, that’s a pretty productive day around here — especially the sleep part.
What does a good day look like for you?