Utilize those Thanksgiving leftovers in this savory and delicious Cajun 15-Bean Soup with Turkey recipe. You’re going to love it!
I’d like to thank Hurst’s Brand for sponsoring this post.
Cajun 15-Bean Soup with Turkey Recipe
If your family is anything like mine, you probably end up with a significant portion of leftovers after Thanksgiving.
Instead of getting bored with turkey sandwiches all week, why not utilize that yummy turkey meat in a warm and hearty soup?
Our Cajun 15-Bean Soup with Turkey is the perfect dish to repurpose and revamp that leftover holiday turkey!
I am a huge fan of Hurst’s Cajun 15-Bean Soup. That flavor packet is filled with magic, Y’all!
Not to mention, beans a nutrient-dense food and absolutely loaded with protein.
You can find this product and all of Hurst’s selections in the dry beans section of your favorite grocery store. I pick mine up at my local Kroger.
Along with the Hurst’s Cajun 15-Bean Soup and the included flavor packet, this recipe also calls for leftover turkey (ham works well too), carrots, celery, onion, and diced tomatoes.
The sweetness of the veggies works well with the spiciness in the flavor packet.
This Cajun 15 Bean soup with turkey is a delicious dish that I love to serve with white rice or some yummy buttermilk cornbread.
This Cajun 15-bean soup with turkey is the perfect belly-warming stew.
I hope you enjoy this delicious new twist on leftover holiday turkey!
- 1 package Hurst's Cajun 15 Bean Soup
- 2-3 cups leftover turkey, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Rinse and sort through the beans, check for any unwanted debris and discard.
- Add rinsed beans, onion, celery, carrots, chicken stock, water, and Hurst’s Cajun seasoning packet into a 4-6 quart dutch oven, stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat, cover, and continue a medium boil for 70 minutes.
- Check beans for doneness. If beans are tender, add turkey and tomatoes.
- Cook for an additional 30-45 minutes, keep warm until ready to serve.
- Serve with long grain rice or cornbread.
This soup will also work well with leftover ham!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 255Total Fat: 5.7gSaturated Fat: 1.2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2.1gCholesterol: 46.7mgSodium: 587.7mgCarbohydrates: 26.6gFiber: 8.1gSugar: 4.5gProtein: 23.5g