I always have the best intentions when it comes to meal planning for the week, but I’ll be brutally honest… I’m usually scrambling to figure out dinner!
It was on a haphazard school nights when I threw this incredible Doritos chicken casserole together. To my surprise, my family went wild for this flavorful and fun dish! They loved it so much that my kids often ask when I’ll be making the Doritos casserole next!
Doritos Chicken Casserole Recipe
What can I say, casserole recipes just work for my family.
There’s just something satisfying about being able to skip the dinnertime fuss by putting all of my ingredients into one dish, baking, and enjoying.
Even though I complain a lot about not having time to cook, preparing meals for my family is actually something I enjoy. I know, big shocker, right?
With that said, I’m all about those quick and easy dinners a few nights a week.
There’s just no sense in stretching yourself too thin preparing a complicated dinner or having to resort to fast food when you have this simple Doritos chicken casserole recipe at your fingertips. You’re welcome! :)
I like to use a rotisserie chicken in this recipe to make it even easier, but, you can use any cooked chicken you prefer.
This chicken spaghetti is also AMAZING!
I think using rotisserie chicken is such a great meal solution for busy families like mine, and there are so many ways you can transform the chicken into scrumptious meals like this amazing Doritos chicken casserole recipe.
My Doritos chicken casserole is soooo yummy, y’all. It’s creamy, flavorful, and packs such a delicious crunch thanks to those Doritos.
I mentioned that Doritos are one of my top five favorite foods ever, right? Pretty sure I had orange fingers most of my childhood. :)
Grab my easy recipe below, and don’t forget to follow me on Instagram for more recipes and conversation. I’d love to be IG-pals with you!
- 1 (14.5 ounce) package nacho cheese-flavored Doritos, lightly crushed
- 2 ½ to 3 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded and cut into small pieces
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can corn, drained
- 8 oz. colby jack cheese, shredded and divided
- 1-10 oz. mild diced tomatoes and green chiles (Ro-tel)
- 1- 4 oz. can green chilies
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- Cilantro for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread half the crushed chips into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- In a large bowl, stir together the chicken, black beans, corn, 1 cup of the cheese, Ro-tel, green chiles, cream of chicken soup, sour cream and the taco seasoning.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the chips in the baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Spread remaining chips evenly over the top, then sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake another 5 to 7 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Garnish with cilantro, optional.