One of my best childhood memories is of the plate of cookies that my mom would bring home from work during the week of Christmas. My mom was a hair stylist, and this plate of cookies was an annual gift from one of her clients.
That plate was always piled with little stacks of classic holiday cookies like snowball cookies, chocolate crinkles and raspberry thumbprints. If you’re a fan of classic Christmas cookies, you’re going to fall in love with these lovely cherry chocolate nut cookies!
Cherry Chocolate Nut Cookies Recipe
Finding the perfect cookies to bake during the holiday season can be tough.
If you’re planning to take your cookies to a holiday party or gathering, or give them as gifts, you want a cookie that tastes great but will also hold-up when being transported.
I’ve never had much luck gifting complicated desserts. It’s why I always opt for recipes that produce scrumptious but easy-to-handle results. These yummy cherry chocolate nut cookies totally fit that bill!
Plus, I just love anything that is made with maraschino cherries. It’s one of those ingredients that takes me right back to my childhood. We used to make a lot of hot fudge sundaes at home, and I always wanted extra cherries!
The cherries also make these cookies so pretty and festive. They are really darling little cookies. The combination of cherries, chocolate and pecans is just right in my book.
If you’re one of those folks who can’t eat nuts or if you just don’t like them, you can definitely leave the pecans out.
These cookies are not over-the-top sweet or decadent, and it’s one of the things I like the most about them. Every bite has some sweetness and crunch, and you’ll find yourself reaching for two, or three, or more of these yummy Christmas cookies!
You’re definitely going to want to try this easy Christmas cookie. It might even inspire you to create a Christmas cookies plate of your own this season. If you do, don’t forget to add some White Christmas Fudge while you’re at it.
Our Most Popular Christmas Cookies
- Soft Ginger Molasses Cookies
- Melt-In-Your-Mouth Pumpkin Cookies
- Raspberry Almond Shortbread Cookies
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Snowball Cookies
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cups chopped maraschino cherries
- ¾ cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease or line with parchment paper a baking sheet.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and the baking soda and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and the sugars. Add the egg, milk and the vanilla. Beat until just combined.
- Gradually add the dry mixture to the wet and mix until well blended, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, pecans and the cherries.
- Drop by tablespoons 2 inches apart onto the baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. After removing from the oven allow them to set on the pan for 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.