My incredible soft ginger molasses cookies are the BEST COOKIES EVER. I truly crave these perfect molasses cookies and I’m so happy to share my perfect recipe with you.
Ginger Molasses Cookies
It would be pretty tough for me to choose my all-time favorite Christmas cookie.
I mean, I love snowball cookies, chocolate crinkle cookies and these easy holiday cake mix cookies, but there’s one special recipe that I’m thrilled to share. It’s these incredible soft ginger molasses cookies, and Y’ALL… you’ve gotta try this recipe!
Soft Ginger Molasses Cookies Recipe
I simply adore soft, chewy molasses cookies. You can literally let your teeth sink into these babies.
The texture of these soft ginger molasses cookies is so perfect. I wish every cookie could be so dense, chewy and flavorful! It’s really difficult to eat just one cookie, but honestly, I don’t even try. I usually make these cookies around the holidays and it’s one recipe that I look forward to starting in about September.
As much as I adore really decadent Christmas cookies and treats, I love the simplicity of these soft ginger molasses cookies.
The flavor wonderful thanks to the spices and molasses in the recipe. These aren’t your average ginger molasses cookies—they are way better.
When I smell these soft ginger molasses cookies baking in the oven, it just feels like Christmas in my home. In fact, just thinking about making these cookies again makes me one to turn on some Christmas music in my office to start getting into the holiday spirit. I just love everything about this time of year!
Now, I’ve been going on and on about how much I love these soft ginger molasses cookies for Christmas, but, they are great any time of the year! :)
Another recipe I’ve been obsessed with this Christmas season is my incredible chocolate chip banana bread. You don’t want to miss this fan-favorite recipe!
I hope you LOVE these ginger cookies as much as I do. If you make them, please be sure to take a photo and tag me on Instagram and leave a comment below!
Our Favorite Christmas Cookies
Soft Ginger Molasses Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all- purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¼ cup molasses
- 2 to 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl mix together the flour, ground ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and the salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer cream together the butter and the sugars until light and fluffy. Add the egg, the tablespoon of water and the molasses and mix just until combined. Gradually mix in the dry ingredients scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Shape into rounded tablespoon size balls, roll in granulated sugar and place 2 inches apart onto cookie sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. All to cool for 5 to 7 minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring to a wire wrack to cool.