Blueberry Muffins with Lemon Glaze
If you’ve been on the search for a perfect, moist blueberry muffins recipe—look no further—you’ve found it! Add a sweet lemon glaze to the top of these blueberry muffins, and, well… meet perfection.
Blueberry Muffins with Lemon Glaze Recipe
I was also on the search for a fantastic blueberry muffins recipe when I stumbled upon this jewel from Brown Eyed Baker. I was hoping for a recipe that produced a moist blueberry muffin, and the loads of sour cream in this recipe does the trick.
These blueberry muffins are SUPER moist.
I wanted to add something extra (since they certainly aren’t too sweet on their own), so I decided to top them with a simple lemon glaze. I LOVE the flavor of lemon with blueberry!
While watching these muffins bake, I was expecting to see a more golden brown appearance on the top of the muffin like the photos on the original blogger’s website. I actually baked my muffins a full 35 minutes, and the tops were only really browning at the peaks in the batter.
I decided not to let them bake any longer, and, I’m glad I didn’t. They didn’t get really brown on top, but they were definitely done and perfect all the same. Just keep an eye on them—bake times will vary a bit from oven to oven.
What’s funny, is that I like to eat almost anything sweet WARM. You can certainly add your lemon glaze (remember, a little goes a long way) and serve these muffins warm, but they actually taste SO much better after cooling to room temperature. You can store them in this great little cupcake carrier like the one I use!
It’s almost as if you can’t appreciate the true moistness and flavor of these (in my opinion) until they have rested and cooled for a while.
I made one batch of 12 muffins last night and I shared them with my parents. Everyone really loved these blueberry muffins with lemon glaze, so much that the entire batch is already gone! Be sure to print the recipe below, and save this post on Pinterest so you can make it later.
More Yummy Bread & Muffin Recipes
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Blueberry Zucchini Bread
- Healthy Blueberry Muffins
Blueberry Muffins with Lemon Glaze
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1¼ cups sour cream
- 1½ cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place paper liners in a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk the egg in a separate medium bowl, until well-blended. Add the sugar and whisk until well-combined. Add melted butter while whisking. Add sour cream, continue whisking (mixture will be thick) until combined and smooth.
- Add the berries to the dry ingredients and toss to combine. Fold sour cream mixture into dry ingredients and berries. The batter will be thick. Fold until just combined (some balls of undissolved flour are fine.)
- Using a spoon or ice cream scoop, fill muffin liners with the mixture, dividing the mixture evenly.
- Bake 25-35 minutes until muffins are starting to turn golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove and place onto a cooling rack immediately.
- 1. Place confectioners’ sugar in a small bowl or measuring cup; stir in lemon juice. Your lemon glaze should be thick but pourable. Add more sugar or lemon juice to achieve the desired consistency, then drizzle the glaze over muffins. A little goes a long way!
Blueberry muffins recipe from Brown Eyed Baker.All images and text © . If you would like to share this recipe on a website or social profile, please be sure to properly attribute by linking back to this page. If you share the recipe on your blog, please rewrite it in your own words, and again, include a link back. Thanks so much! :)