My birthday is coming up on December 13th (we won’t discuss my age…) and all I want are these absolutely incredible coconut magic bars. My mom has agreed to make them for me and I am so excited. This is my all-time favorite dessert recipe. No, seriously!
Coconut Magic Bars Recipe
These coconut magic bars (sometimes called magic cookie bars or even just magic bars) are so easy to make that it’s almost funny.
It doesn’t seem like something so TASTY could result from layering a few ingredients in a baking dish. Y’all, these coconut magic bars are like HEAVEN.
I don’t typically go for dessert recipes that are quite this decadent, but I am just such a huge fan of the flavor combination. I am in love with coconut, chocolate, and pecans.
I could literally eat a whole pan of these bars!
Even though these aren’t exactly a festive holiday dessert, I also love making them for our Christmas celebrations. My whole family looks forward to these scrumptious coconut magic cookie bars. If you’re looking for more easy desserts, don’t miss my yummy and simple cherry dump cake recipe.
Seven Layer Bars
So, quite a few of you have left comments on Facebook telling me that you are familiar with this recipe, but you call them seven layer bars.
Leave me a comment below and tell me what your family calls this tasty treat!
Do you have a favorite dessert that you love having on your birthday? These coconut magic bars are out of this world and they may just become your new favorite dessert! :) Check out our fun tutorial video below to see just how easy these chewy bars are to make!
More Scrumptious Desserts
Coconut Magic Bars
These ooey-gooey coconut magic cookie bars are my favorite dessert EVER!
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs, approximately 15 to 16 full sheets
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- ¾ cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 ⅔ cups sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Crush graham the crackers. Stir the brown sugar into the graham crackers; set aside.
- Put the ½ cup butter into an 8 x 8 baking pan; heat in the oven until butter is completely melted.
- Remove from the oven and evenly spread the graham cracker and brown sugar mixture over the melted butter.
- In layers, alternate the chocolate chips, coconut, and the pecans. Evenly pour the sweetened condensed milk over the top. Bake for 30 minutes or until the coconut is lightly browned. Cool completely before cutting.